Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Shrek 2 says hi. And before anyone plays the "way lower OW" card, not really. Adjusts to 159m with no 3d or PLF. 

Shrek 2 wasn't released on a Friday. Multi inconclusive because of that

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

btw my fellow israelites, roman j israel finally came out on dvd here last week (i bought it of course) and what an amazing cover. all rise!

91rkoOddArL._SX342_.jpg

Not even the Blu-Ray? smfh. Fake Israelite. 

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

btw my fellow israelites, roman j israel finally came out on dvd here last week (i bought it of course) and what an amazing cover. all rise!

91rkoOddArL._SX342_.jpg

When the DVD sales hit

giphy.gif

• Like 2

TLK is the most beloved animated films ever released, one of the most popular films of the last 20 years, it made close to 1B WW in 1994 (some of it came in the 3D re-release, I know, but I'm pretty sure the original still ended north of 900M WW), and it has been a pop culture staple since release. And if the damn BATB remake can make north of 500M, then TLK will be an even bigger juggernaut for sure.

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Not even the Blu-Ray? smfh. Fake Israelite. 

actually much like my idol with the old school ipod and flip phone i keep it strictly with pre-2005 level tech. as his journey shows, becoming attached to newer, materialistic status items like a blu ray player, a swanky apartment or turkey bacon donuts can be the path to our own downfall. clearly you watched the film passively, not truly opening your mind to what it was trying to teach. Fake Israelite.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

actually much like my idol with the old school ipod and flip phone i keep it strictly with pre-2005 level tech. as his journey shows, becoming attached to newer, materialistic status items like a blu ray player, a swanky apartment or turkey bacon doughnuts can be the path to our own downfall. clearly you watched the film passively, not truly opening your mind to what it was trying to teach. Fake Israelite.

tumblr_oxd20uo31a1vmfib2o1_540.gif

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

actually much like my idol with the old school ipod and flip phone i keep it strictly with pre-2005 level tech. as his journey shows, becoming attached to newer, materialistic status items like a blu ray player, a swanky apartment or turkey bacon doughnuts can be the path to our own downfall. clearly you watched the film passively, not truly opening your mind to what it was trying to teach. Fake Israelite.

b8826776c432ee2d3613f556cff929ab.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

Holy shit. Now I'm now much more confident that Lion King will likely beat 200M+ opening but I'm still iffy on if it can beat say Force Awakens opening weekend record. 

That said, I'm ready for this run. A family animated flick opening this high? We haven't had that since last years Beauty and the Beast remake but that didn't summer weekdays or as strong a reception. 

1 minute ago, Belle said:

Holy shit. Now I'm now much more confident that Lion King will likely beat 200M+ opening but I'm still iffy on if it can beat say Force Awakens opening weekend record. 

That said, I'm ready for this run. A family animated flick opening this high? We haven't had that since last years Beauty and the Beast remake but that didn't summer weekdays or as strong a reception. 

That o/w record now belongs to Avengers: Infinity War :chaplin:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Shrek 2 says hi. And before anyone plays the "way lower OW" card, not really. Adjusts to 159m with no 3d or PLF. 

Shrek 2 had a 5-day opening so multiplier isn't all that comparable, although it still had great legs - adjusts to 190M opening, 3.42x multi to get to 650M total.

Shrek 2 had a phenomenal run and Incredibles will not match it. Different era. Soz.

• Haha 1

TLK is by far the most beloved animated movie of all time and up there for the most beloved movie of all time. That’s non negotiable every metric says that and the Broadway shows success proves it. That movie’s trailer will break the internet

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, boomboom234 said:

TLK is by far the most beloved animated movie of all time and up there for the most beloved movie of all time. That’s non negotiable every metric says that and the Broadway shows success proves it. That movie’s trailer will break the internet

The theatrical show is a success in its own right, it is not such a huge hit because of the movie, it's because it's a terrific show and people love it. I know plenty of people who have seen the production and love it but don't care about the kids film.

Also I don't understand what you mean by "every metric says it is the most well liked film of all time". Can you name any of these metrics?