AndyK

Rub & Tug | Now a TV Series. ScarJo found dead in a ditch! | Trans Rights are Human Rights

6 minutes ago, Hades said:

If the limited Scarjo wants an oscar so bad, she should team up with her best friend Woody Allen, again......:sparta:

I think that they should have done what someone else suggested: do some research and give ScarJo a co-leading role (maybe playing a substantially fleshed out love interest for Dante...a solidly written role that could land her a Best Supporting Role nod). That way you get the star you want to sell the film, but you get a newcomer transgender person in the lead role. 

Oh, and first and foremost, get a fucking real director.

Edited by StevenG
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, StevenG said:

I think that they should have done what someone else suggested: do some research and give ScarJo a co-leading role (maybe playing a substantially fleshed out love interest for Dante...a solidly written role that could land her a Best Supporting Role nod). That way you get the star you want to sell the film, but you get a newcomer transgender person in the lead role. 

Oh, and first and foremost, get a fucking real director.

Or if they insist on having ScarJo as the lead, make it a fictional story about a lesbian crime lord with Margot Robbie or Alexandra Daddario as her girlfriend. 😜

And of course, get a fucking real director.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Give them a platform to express themselves and they will become what they (think) they are fighting.

So that means you will become a deep, intellectually stimulating, emotionally devastating indie film made on a shoestring budget, right?

Or a DCEU film...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

ScarJo's leading lady Oscar time passed. Maybe she'll win for Supporting when she's like 60.

She will soon be done with Marvel after her movie....So no more distractions...There is still time

Statement:

Spoiler

“In light of recent ethical questions raised surrounding my casting as Dante Tex Gill, I have decided to respectfully withdraw my participation in the project,” Johansson told Out Magazine, which first reported the news, in a statement. “Our cultural understanding of transgender people continues to advance, and I’ve learned a lot from the community since making my first statement about my casting and realize it was insensitive. I have great admiration and love for the trans community and am grateful that the conversation regarding inclusivity in Hollywood continues. According to GLAAD, LGBTQ+ characters dropped 40% in 2017 from the previous year, with no representation of trans characters in any major studio release.”

"While I would have loved the opportunity to bring Dante’s story and transition to life, I understand why many feel he should be portrayed by a transgender person, and I am thankful that this casting debate, albeit controversial, has sparked a larger conversation about diversity and representation in film,” the statement continues. “I believe that all artists should be considered equally and fairly. My production company, These Pictures, actively pursues projects that both entertain and push boundaries. We look forward to working with every community to bring these most poignant and important stories to audiences worldwide.”

tenor.gif?itemid=8224887

And,

"In light of recent ethical questions raised surrounding my casting as Dante Tex Gill, I have decided to respectfully withdraw my participation in the project,” Johansson told Out Magazine

Girl, you were technically listed as a producer.  Maybe instead of dropping the whole thing because it's no longer your Oscar Bait vehicle, you should stay on a producer and use what little star power you still have to make sure the film GETS MADE.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I'm kind of surprised (not really) people are buying it like she's a good person for this. This shouldn't have happened at all. She shouldn't have been cast.

It's a good statement from her. She still made a horrible choice, and had a bad first response.

People can take steps to become better.

• Like 1