WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

2 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Nope you are as transparent as they come, it’s some other people that are usually acting “holier than though” that are showing their true colours while providing some fantastic entertainment 😀😀

thanks I think!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Maybe fatigue per se is the wrong word. Lets call it oversaturation. And im with you obviously, Ant-Man 2 feels like a non-event compared to BP and IW.

I wouldn't really say it's oversaturation either. 

The first Ant Man was an amusing film, however, no one was really clamoring for a sequel and the only reason it got one is because they needed Wasp, which could have been easily worked in the first.

To me Ant man just isn't a big name, that's all there is too it.

The concept is (sorry to say) lame and people don't like ants. Not only are they not scared of them (like a spider), they're just annoyed by them. Irritating little things that give you a little bite and make you itchy.

4 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Doesn't that seem low? Maybe I'm just horrid at this. It's coming off a pretty good hold with summer days and is current at $333M+ DOM. $47M more only? 

I don't see how it misses 400.  In fact, I think it will get closer to 420.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

BTW....the Scream TV series is fucking brilliant.  Kevin Williamson hasn't lost his touch.  I'm on season one Episode 8 and still have no idea who the killer is.

@Krissykins

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Going to need a lot of underperformance in the second half of the year for Marvel Studios to stay at #1 for the year. Still, how close it will likely end up is hilarious.

#1 of what? What other franchises are there Star Wars?

• Like 1

AMATW opened in line with expectations in the US and above expectations OS. The movie made considerably more than its predecessor both stateside and overseas. Deadline projects $100M+ in profits with a foreseeable $600M WW cume. AM made it to $520M WW, AMATW should easily pass $600M ww, it will probably settle at around $650M.

In conclusion: Haters ain't got nothing on Ant-Man. The movie represents another Marvel/Disney win.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, andersonhoran said:

Well,you can expect it will be WAY better. 

Doubt it. Carol Danvers has a bad reputation amongst Marvel fans. Marvel has pushed her to the moon and back, hoping she'd become their "Wonder Woman", but it just hasn't happened. Fact is DC has better female (and Hispanic/LGBT/Asian) characters than Marvel, which makes the transition to movies a lot smoother/better. Good luck to Carol but she's got an uphill battle if she wants to compete with Diana.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Antman 2 had a better opening weekend than the first one, made close to the weekend expectations, played more like a phase 2 film, will most likely have a 3rd film, not as big of an event film, but it performed great based on what it is. and it's actually a really good movie.  I would be exaggerating to call it disappointing. still making more money than most non Disney films. 

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

#1 of what? What other franchises are there Star Wars?

#1 Studio 😛       

I mean, clearly it’s mathematically impossible for Marvel Studios>Disney, because it’s a subset. So you could either look at Marvel Studios>every other studio, or the slightly harder requirement of being above non-Marvel Disney as well. In either case it’s been true since February and should last until at least November.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

Antman 2 had a better opening weekend than the first one, made close to the weekend expectations, played more like a phase 2 film, will most likely have a 3rd film, not as big of an event film, but it performed great based on what it is. and it's actually a really good movie.  I would be exaggerating to call it disappointing. still making more money than most non Disney films. 

Ant-Man was virtually unknown character just 3 years ago. So I'm not sure what people expect here. Not every unknown Marvel property has to break out like Guardians.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, a2k said:

Solo is on 380 ww with pretty much Japan the only os market really in play. Dom could add around 2.5 more after a 0.98 weekend. Can Japan make up the difference by adding 17-18 more to the current cume?

RO did 39m in Japan. Solo has done around 1/3 or less of RO in nearly all markets, so that same pattern for Japan would mean 14-15m is probably the highest it would go. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

I have a feeling Disney is going to release Black Panther in 5 to 6 months during Oscar campaign time as a part of their Oscar push for the film. That is when it will most likely cross 700. Universal did the same thing for get out.

18 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Doubt it. Carol Danvers has a bad reputation amongst Marvel fans. Marvel has pushed her to the moon and back, hoping she'd become their "Wonder Woman", but it just hasn't happened. Fact is DC has better female (and Hispanic/LGBT/Asian) characters than Marvel, which makes the transition to movies a lot smoother/better. Good luck to Carol but she's got an uphill battle if she wants to compete with Diana.

lol

Stop saying bullshit. Carol is great and her movie will be great. 

Carol is an Air Force major, who works in space, will bring something differential to the genre.

Wonder Woman is only known because she has been exposed to the media all these years,there are VARIOUS other female characters better than her, she is simply generic,outdated and cliche,and her movie is also generic and cliche.

Marvel has the best female characters: Jean Grey,Storm,Rogue,Wasp,Thor(Jane Foster),Emma Frost,Sue Storm,Scarlet Witch,She Hulk,Spider-Woman,Ms Marvel...LGBT characters has Wiccan and Hulkling the most iconic gay couple in the comics...so just stop. 

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

Guys what if audiences end up liking both the big superhero movies that star women and don't feel the need to constantly put the other one down when their preferred one is brought up. Like, wouldn't that be nuts

• Like 11
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

Wonder Woman is only known because she has been exposed to the media all these years,there are VARIOUS other female characters better than her, she is simply generic,outdated and cliche,and her movie is also generic and cliche.

If only every comic book character who wasn’t generic, outdated, and cliche could do the box numbers that Wonder Woman did :thinking: 

So I take it that means Captain Marvel is going to do $420M+ domestic and open over $100M right? I mean since she’s the far superior female character, right? Nothing against Captain Marvel but why do you feel the need to put down Wonder Woman just to make Captain Marvel seem better....

Edited by Nova
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Guys what if audiences end up liking both the big superhero movies that star women and don't feel the need to constantly put the other one down when their preferred one is brought up. Like, wouldn't that be nuts

what if audiences stop liking superhero movies

2020 when

• Like 2