sfran43

Monday's Numbers

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah the Feb 2021 Release for Marvel should be Black Panther 2. Though now I wonder what's gonna take the converted MCU May Release then. 

And yeah Ant-Man 3 will happen (Ant-Man and the Wasp is making over $600M) but some retooling will happen which is completely fine. 

XMen or F4, probably

I know some people are joking but why on earth are others acting like a film with a rumored 160mil budget making 600+mil worldwide at least is some sort of failure? Ant-Man and The Wasp will have a huge drop this weekend domestically (probably like 62-64%) and then recover and have a decent to good multi and make around 210-225mil. And well over 400mil overseas. It's also not like people hate it or something. I fail to see why Marvel should be worried. Captain Marvel is their next domestic biggie (300-400mil). Ant-Man and The Wasp isn't that and that's fine. 

On the same subject, I knew them trying to promote the film as the first female led Marvel film wasn't going to work and bump up the numbers to an unusual level. Nobody was buying that malarkey but Marvel sycophants. 

• Like 3

Black Panthers long slog to the next milestone reminds me of Vanilla Sky.

Greatest Showman. Hahaha. I’d love for it to stay in theaters until week 52. Also, 11 more weeks and it’ll match Titanic. Do it!

$210m is more than enough to justify a 3rd Ant Man film. You have a successful sub-franchise. Close it out with a trilogy. Guaranteed money. The biggest issue by then will be where to schedule it in among stablemates like Disney live-action, Disney animation, Pixar, Indy 5, Star Wars TBD, other MCU films, Fox Marvel, Avatar, and other Fox tentpoles.

Edited by lilmac

9 hours ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Evewrything is normal with AntMan. ~600 mln - solid result for 162 mln budget movie + some fees from merchandise sales. Sometimes this forum becomes a really sick. 

Uh oh here come the merchandise sales comments lol.

Ant-Man will be fine without all that.

It’s US performance is disappointing so far, but it won’t be a flop in the long run. 

if Ant-Man's weekdays look something like 7 + 9 + 6 + 6 = 28, then I think the second weekend would be something like O/U 30, with 28-29 being a likelier target.  After that, who knows.  It might increase weekend #3.

Edited by dVmatrix5xdU

11 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Ant-Man and The Wasp should have been released before Infinity War. 

Coming after a huge event like Infinity War didn't help Ant-Man. That's what I think. 

The movie doesn't really feel like a huge event film.