YM!

Weekend Thread | Hotel 3 $44.1 Skyscraper 25.4, Ant Man’s size does matter with $28.8M

26 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Judging by the walkouts during my showing, that’s going to be a no. I cannot imagine how WOM will be anything horrible for the film. I wasn’t joking when I said it was fucked up. General audiences are going to hate the last third of the movie, possibly almost as much as they hated mother!

Wait. People walked out? Why? (And if you can’t respond here because of spoilers can you write up a crowd report in that thread?)

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Nah, Tom Hanks in MI7 as leader of the Syndicate. 

HOLY SHIT THIS IS EVEN BETTER.

Also are the bad guys really called "The Syndicate"? Seems kinda lazy.

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Vin's only non Fast film in recent years that's been successful is GOTG and that's an ensemble film where's he voicing Groot.

xXx:The Return of Xander Cage

Production Budget: $85 million

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $44,898,413    13.0%
Foreign:  $301,249,245    87.0%

Worldwide:  $346,147,658  

• Like 3

Just now, AJG said:

HOLY SHIT THIS IS EVEN BETTER.

Also are the bad guys really called "The Syndicate"? Seems kinda lazy.

It's from the original TV series. 

It's insane considering how long both have been in the business that we've never had a Hanks and Cruise film. I'm sure Hanks would be game to play a villain in a MI film, I'm sure how Johnson would fit in a MI film but I'm sure they could make it work.

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

xXx:The Return of Xander Cage

Production Budget: $85 million

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $44,898,413    13.0%
Foreign:  $301,249,245    87.0%

Worldwide:  $346,147,658  

Most of that came from China, it did poorly in many countries. 

33 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Judging by the walkouts during my showing, that’s going to be a no. I cannot imagine how WOM will be anything but horrible for the film. I wasn’t joking when I said it was fucked up. General audiences are going to hate the last third of the movie, possibly almost as much as they hated mother!

Thanks to your post, I got curious and gave a look at the movie's synopsis.

It's indeed insane and crazy. I asked on the movie's topic, but I'm asking here too...Is this thing getting a CinemaScore? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

I've been hoping for Hanks to yuck it up in some of these blockbusters for a while now, gonna explode when he relents

Glenn Close's replacement in Guardians of the Galaxy 3 imo.

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

I've been hoping for Hanks to yuck it up in some of these blockbusters for a while now, gonna explode when he relents

The Robert Langdon films are the closest he's got to a blockbuster franchise unless you include Toy Story. 

4 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Wait. People walked out? Why? (And if you can’t respond here because of spoilers can you write up a crowd report in that thread?)

The first third of the movie is very good. I would rate that portion a 9 or a 10. The second third is not as cohesive and the movie starts to change as it prepares for the end. I would rate this portion somewhere in the 6-8 range. Then there is the last third of the film which is nothing like the previous 2/3rds and is not even hinted at in the trailer. It's just so bizarre, twisted and fucked up that it changes the entire tone and classification of the movie. Film lovers might appreciate the final third but casual moviegoers and general audiences are going to despise it. Personally, I would give the final third a 2 or a 3 and that is generous. The rapid expansion makes sense as this thing will be DOA very soon.

Is there any franchise where you wouldn't be instantly excited to hear that Tom Hanks was gonna be in the next one? I can't think of one. I'd go see Warcraft 2 first showing if Hanks was in it

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

Skyscraper bombed is actually surprising this summer, and Rampage was more sucessful.

The Rock Is like Seth Rogen, they can produce a big hit then after that a few misfires and so on. 

Universal will make their $$$ back on Jurassic World, First Purge, and Mamma Mia for the rest of the summer. They”ll have the fall slate to help out, for the rest of the year. 

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Is there any franchise where you wouldn't be instantly excited to hear that Tom Hanks was gonna be in the next one? I can't think of one. I'd go see Warcraft 2 first showing if Hanks was in it

The eventual live action Brickleberry movie with him as the sheriff.