ChipDerby

2018 Comic-Con Thread

1 minute ago, ACSlater said:

Is Marvel a complete no show this year?

Yep.  Feige said they were skipping it months ago.  I'm surprised they decided not to pump Captain Marvel early even if Avengers 4 doesn't need it.

Since there's no D23 this year I wonder if they're going to do their own thing again like they did when they announced the slate in 2014 and announced Boseman as BP.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yep.  Feige said they were skipping it months ago.  I'm surprised they decided not to pump Captain Marvel early even if Avengers 4 doesn't need it.

Since there's no D23 this year I wonder if they're going to do their own thing again like they did when they announced the slate in 2014 and announced Boseman as BP.

Damn.

Was hoping for Captain Marvel trailer. Or at least my love, Brie Larson, chit chatting for a few minutes. 

• Thanks 1

All right. 

The crowd REALLY. REALLY. REALLY. loves Momoa. 

And then they showed the trailer.  Black Manta got the biggest reaction from the room.

They are now doing audience questions. Kill me. 

Ended up showing a second comic con only trailer. Will write  something up about it once I stop moving. We are trying to get out of the hall 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

All right. 

The crowd REALLY. REALLY. REALLY. loves Momoa. 

And then they showed the trailer.  Black Manta got the biggest reaction from the room.

They are now doing audience questions. Kill me. 

Ended up showing a second comic con only trailer. Will write  something up about it once I stop moving. We are trying to get out of the hall 

I first read that as "the hell". :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

When you’re a Marvel fan sitting through a DC presentation is there a difference :ph34r:

That would be my reaction to sitting half a day (or a night and a day) cheek to cheek with 6k plus people in any circumstance.   The horror. 

I'm glad @captainwondyful is there to take the bullet for me and bring news from the front lines.  Thank you. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

Even when the MCU skips, Marvel always wins 

It was. 

I am not there; sorry Nova, no recap. But the whole thing should be online like on Tuesday at the latest. I went back to the hotel and crashed/napped after the WB.  But the Hall H Twitter says that we’re maxed to cap. Which is impressive because about half the room left after the WB. 

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Thanks 1