ChipDerby

2018 Comic-Con Thread

THE HALL is STOKED for Godzilla and we haven’t even seen footage yet.

I love Hall H. They big the cast out to okay applauses (Millie is getting the most love), but the second they mention the named Monster and people are SCREAMING. 

This cast Q&A is not as fun as the others. Lower key. Audience is polite but like, get to the footage.  We are making Godzilla poop jokes. 

Trailer:

ALL THE MONSTERS. The crowd went insane every time the trailer revealed one. The CGI looks solid. Good cast. 

BEAR MCREARY IS DOING THE MUSIC. AND WE ARE GETTING THE CLASSIC THEME. 

YEAH. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

WONDER WOMAN

It’s Patty, Gal, and Pine 

We are talking about why 84. And 84 has its own 80s feel — it was mankind, to Patty, at its best and its worst. It wasn’t just the great music. It was also us at our most extreme. And how does Wonder Woman fit there?

EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE. SO EXCITED. THEIR IS FUCKING COLOR IN THE MOVIE. THE COSTUME LOOKS A LITTLE BIT MORE CHEAP THAN BEFORE BUT I DONT CARE BECAUSE BRIGHT LIGHTS. AND THE LASSO. AND WONDER WOMAN BEING PERFECT TO THE LADIES AND COMPLETELY OVER THE MEN. AND THE NOD TO THE COMICS AND THE ANIMATED MOVIE OH GOD I LOVE HER SO MUCH -ROLLS ON THE GROUND CRYING-

Anyway. 

Pine went on long rant and I zoned him out. 

Patty loves the most about Wonder Woman that she is Us, more than other superheroes. Any one -  any gender or sexuality or disability or race can find themselves in her, and how she is so open and kind and how can they bring to life the best of what Marston wrote. 

Gal says this is not a sequel. It is a new movie. They give it everything every day. And Patty is talking about how this is going to be as pure and unique as before but not about doing MORE than before. They are not trying to one up the other. They just want a new story. 

Patty is influenced by Richard Donner and Spielberg as the big one for Wonder Woman 

Gal is talking about all women are like Wonder Woman, and she brings that to the character, and how she was previleged enough I have amazing strong women in her life like her Mom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The visuals are fantastic, the monsters look OMG great.   That voice over and dialogue by Vera are terrible - she's been Watanbe'd

Watanabe still looking as confused as ever in the trailer :WHATanabe:

Shazam is now. Zachary Levi might be drunk. Or just playing it up. He and Aisha are being adorable, and he is talking about how this movie is ALL wish fulliment. 

AW YEAH. That trailer was FUN!  

• Thanks 1