That One Girl

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT WEEKEND THREAD | 23 Friday...MM2 4.8...TT 4.25 EQ2 4.0

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

A B for a big tent pole opening night practically is a D- in Cinemascore 

Yeah, even Godzilla '98 and Batman & Robin got B-/C+ CS grades and there was no questioning that those two had toxic WOM.

6 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Parents can't see it until Monday (this is one of the few movies I could take my dad to), so I guess we won't be contributing to OW. No 70M, sorry folks. Sad!

Guess we’ll have to settle for 69,999,970 without your support. Oh well, at least it’s a nicer number.

1 minute ago, Xavier said:

When can we expect numbers?

Prolly not til morning, looks like. Would assume that means the # didn't veer too far off from early estimates

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

Eighth Grade is the new Juno. Another overrated, medicore movie about a whiny teenage girl that everyone raves about only for it to end up forgotten a few years later. Will struggle to make 15% of what Juno did, though. 

Move on, find a new slant.

• Like 3

I am unfortunately old enough to remember a time when Tom Cruise was the biggest star in the world. Back in the eighties and the nineties, a movie only needed to have his name on the poster and that was more than enough for it to be an event. No gimmicks, no great special effects, no cinematic universes were required for a Tom Cruise movie to be eagerly awaited and make tons of money. 

Now seeing Mission Impossible 6 is getting rave reviews, makes me wonder, is this the film to revitalize some of Cruise's old glory by genuinely breaking out? I certainly hope so. 

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I have the numbers, but no reason to share.  

Xenu will haunt you now and forever in all the known alternate dimensions explored by the Church.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1