NickDisney13

Hustlers | Sept 13th, 2019 | STX | Jennifer Lopez, Constance Wu | 25th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

2 hours ago, Viktor Vilotijevic said:

I really hope that film won't end up making less than 85 million $ in the States. If it proves to be a steady success and shows legs, I'd say there is a chance for 105-110 million $ total.

I'm really, really curious to see how this holds this weekend. Rooting for some epic legs.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 8:53 PM, ban1o said:

she  didn't seem that mad in this interview. She says she hopes JLo wins awards lol. 

“I wasn’t really that impressed,” Barbash told Vanity Fair. “I was impressed with Jennifer. She was incredible. Her body looked incredible. She had it down to a T, but it wasn’t factual.”

Barbash also said that the film’s emphasis on the friendship between Destiny and Ramona did not match her real-life experience. “She wasn’t a friend—she was a coworker… There was no sisterhood — it was business and that’s it,” she told Vanity Fair.

The one part of Hustlers that Barbash did love? Cardi B.

“I love Cardi,” Barbash said. “Her 10 minutes was a great 10 minutes… It’s funny because, when I first heard that the film was coming out, [my business partner] said [she wished] Cardi would have played me. Even though she is not an actress, she was in the strip club world and she gets it. She would have maybe played a better me. Not taking away from Jennifer. But just because Cardi was in the business.”

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

“I love Cardi,” Barbash said. “Her 10 minutes was a great 10 minutes… It’s funny because, when I first heard that the film was coming out, [my business partner] said [she wished] Cardi would have played me. Even though she is not an actress, she was in the strip club world and she gets it. She would have maybe played a better me. Not taking away from Jennifer. But just because Cardi was in the business.”

:thinking:   The business of stripping or the business of drugging and robbing?

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2019 at 6:51 AM, thedast said:

Finally saw this. It was fun but the article/journalist end could have been done better and it ended a bit abruptly. 

I actually think the abrupt ending was fitting. It kind of represented how her luxurious life at the expense of all those men ended suddenly and before she knew it she was back working at Old Navy. Boom, just like that.

Fucking loved this.

Jennifer was fantastic...the emotion she elicited during the last act was way beyond anything I had ever imagined Lopez of achieving. Congratulations to everyone involved. 

Fucking grab that Oscar nomination, Jennifer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2