NickDisney13

Hustlers | Sept 13th, 2019 | STX | Jennifer Lopez, Constance Wu | 25th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Twi'leks dress like strippers and work as such a lot. They are basically SW equivalent to Trek's Orion Slave Girls.

this is a canon Jedi (AOTC arena):

200px-Twilekfemale.jpg

she died in ROTS:

latest?cb=20130202032956

I think Jlo would fit the Jedi stripper bill even better. She has better moves. 

whatever.

bring on the anti-depressants

I enjoyed this. JLo was fantastic but what I came out thinking was that she didn't exactly tower over Constance Wu. Both were really good.

Liked the message this film sent too. The world is basically a strip club. You've got your dancers and you've got your people throwing money. 

• Like 2

Get this, the "real" Ramona is furious about her portrayal in the movie and claims "defamatiom of character", insisting that she was not a stripper! Illegally drugging and robbing guys for hundreds of thousands, sure, but don't dare say she took off her clothes for a living! You cannot make this up:

https://www.eonline.com/news/1073043/the-true-story-behind-hustlers-might-even-be-wilder-than-the-movie

The real-life Destiny is cool with the movie, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Get this, the "real" Ramona is furious about her portrayal in the movie and claims "defamatiom of character", insisting that she was not a stripper! Illegally drugging and robbing guys for hundreds of thousands, sure, but don't dare say she took off her clothes for a living! You cannot make this up:

https://www.eonline.com/news/1073043/the-true-story-behind-hustlers-might-even-be-wilder-than-the-movie

Sheesh, the more I read the worse they are. 

If the mark was too tired to go out or just didn't feel like taking the drugs offered to him for a quick energy boost, "just a sprinkle" of MDMA and ketamine in their drink would be used. 

"It sounds so bad to say that we were, like, drugging people," Rosie said. "But it was, like, normal."

"That's why I think we got greedy," Rosie reflected. "Because of the amount of stress we had to endure. We're just like, You know what, these people are f--king pissing me off. Just for that, I'm going to max out his credit card, like a penalty. You're going to be left with a zero balance. Zero credit line. Just for being annoying. We needed to make it worth it."

That resulted in them sending a recently divorced banker into debt, eventually causing him to lose his job because one of the cards the women maxed out after giving him the special drink was a corporate card. 

And then the ring leaders

Spoiler

rolled over on their worker bees (who they'd been financially undercutting) who were the only ones to get jail time

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Based on this movie, I expected nothing less from the real Ramona. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

she  didn't seem that mad in this interview. She says she hopes JLo wins awards lol. 

38 minutes ago, ban1o said:

she  didn't seem that mad in this interview. She says she hopes JLo wins awards lol. 

The "defamatiom of character" quotes were from before she watched the movie, I guess now she sees that it wasn't the hatchet job she'd envisioned in her head. Still, that is some deluded perception Samantha has of herself if she thinks she wasn't nearly as coldhearted as Ramona. 

• Haha 2

On 9/16/2019 at 9:10 PM, JB33 said:

Geez, what shitbags those women were. Still enjoyed the movie, and I still very much sympathized with the characters up until they started drugging men and maxing out their credit cards.

Well, it is a crime film, about criminals. 

It’s quite normal that you didn’t sympathise with them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1