CJohn

The Dark Tower | August 4, 2017 | McConaughey, Elba | Reviews coming in, it's a bomb etc. etc. - we know this drill by now

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

You are not wrong. I mean, have you seen the things I say and do lately? :ph34r:

Touché.

I do agree about tomato law relating to OW though. Pirates~ is a good recent example. I think it will hurt Dark Tower more than Valerian.

• Like 1

Considering what I know of the movie's story and how much of the book that story probably includes it makes sense that this is going to have a relatively short time. For all it's mythology the first book is a very straightforward one and relatively short.

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Apparently the cut being shown in test screenings is about 80-85 minutes. Not sure if that includes credits or not. 

Anyone expecting this to be anything more than a clusterfuck should probably seek help. It looks like a freaking straight to dvd B film, and I really wish I could say otherwise. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Considering what I know of the movie's story and how much of the book that story probably includes it makes sense that this is going to have a relatively short time. For all it's mythology the first book is a very straightforward one and relatively short.

It looks to be a pretty loose adaptation, though. I doubt the length of the book affected its runtime much. 

13 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

It looks to be a pretty loose adaptation, though. I doubt the length of the book affected its runtime much. 

It's by design though according to Stephen King himself, no? I still think it will follow similar beats.

Edited by Arlborn

Got the trailer recently at the theater(first time I've seen this) and it reminds me of those stylized creature features like Constantine, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer, and Van Helsing.  This is based off of best selling Stephen King epics? lul

• Like 1