CJohn

The Dark Tower | August 4, 2017 | McConaughey, Elba | Reviews coming in, it's a bomb etc. etc. - we know this drill by now

2 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

Compared with It or any other big blockbuster, it's a joke.

Why would you compare it to a big blockbuster when its budget is 60m though? That's a fine number of views when you consider that any OW over 35M is a big win for this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Why would you compare it to a big blockbuster when its budget is 60m though? That's a fine number of views when you consider that any OW over 35M is a big win for this.

I understand, man. What I mean is that what I see here is a film that should have a bigger production value. If Game of Thrones started with a film, it'd look leaps and bounds better than this, but the story would probably suffer. With big novels, my opinion is go big or go home, and I mean HBO at home. 

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I understand, man. What I mean is that what I see here is a film that should have a bigger production value. If Game of Thrones started with a film, it'd look leaps and bounds better than this, but the story would probably suffer. With big novels, my opinion is go big or go home, and I mean HBO at home. 

The original plan is to make the rest of the series into a TV show after the movie though but I don't know if that's still the plan.

But yeah, I'd have liked to see this done with a bigger budget than what they've given it. I wish it would have gone to WB instead as I can see them doing this well.

46 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

The original plan is to make the rest of the series into a TV show after the movie though but I don't know if that's still the plan.

But yeah, I'd have liked to see this done with a bigger budget than what they've given it. I wish it would have gone to WB instead as I can see them doing this well.

Yeah this is basically how you feel, I mean. It seems like an wasted opportunity. Stuff like Game of Thrones and Dark Tower deserve to become big tentpole tv shows. It's where they could be better realized, imho. Hopefully this will happen, with this movie succeeding or not.