Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

3 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

That is fantastic news if true!

3 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Could we expect like $50M from there?

1 minute ago, JimiQ said:

Could we expect like $50M from there?

Let it release first 😂😂. I wish they had gone with doctor strange instead so it could cross $1B mark. Out of all phase 4 movies I wish No way home was released last year.  I badly wanted to see it crossing $2B mark 

• Like 3

THR analysis of the Oscars shortlist:

The quirkiness of the Academy is nowhere clearer than on the shortlist leaderboard. The two films that showed up on the most lists, five each, are Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, a giant Marvel sequel recognized on the makeup/hairstyling, original score, original song, sound and VFX lists, and the aforementioned All Quiet on the Western Front, the first German-made film adaptation of the classic novel, which punched way above expectations by showing up not only on the international feature list, but also makeup/hairstyling, original score, sound and VFX. (Given that tremendous showing by All Quiet, as well as the fact that Close distributor A24 will have its hands very full with Everything Everywhere All at Once and The Whale and that Decision to Leave distributor MUBI has limited resources for and experience in Oscar campaigning, I think All Quiet is the new frontrunner for best international feature.)

Other titles performing strongly include Avatar: The Way of Water, Babylon, The Batman, Everything Everywhere All at Once, Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio and Top Gun: Maverick, which each landed on three shortlists, while Amsterdam, Elvis and Nope showed up on two each.

THR: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/oscar-2023-shortlists-analysis-1235286127/

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

So, WF will make it in Best Picture, right?

It should. And I think it still could. I do think that has a solid shot, but it’s even more likely that Angela Bassett gets a supporting actress nomination and I’d argue that she is one of the favorites in that category.