Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

13 hours ago, cheesypoofs said:

I planned on watching this in a theater. I missed the opportunity watching the first in a theater, and this one looks very good. 

All summer long, one of my best friends and I were working on building a home theater in my basement. We went all out with the sound, the seating, snacks and etc.. The screen is 100" but can even go up to 175". We finished the home theater enough to watch movies and play games on it about a month ago. I still have posters and decorations to hang up, but it's essentially done. It's just small stuff from here. We watched Halloween Ends for the first movie on that movies opening weekend. We just played video games on it this past Sunday. He was also here this past Saturday for my oldest daughters birthday party. On Thursday, he passed away in a complete freak accident. 

I'm just heartbroken. Considering the themes of this movie and what's going on in my personal life, I just wouldn't feel comfortable watching it in a theater. I would be a wreck. I'd much rather be a wreck in the home theater we built together instead of being a wreck in public 💔

I'm so, so, so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how devastated I would be to lose one of my best friends...man, your post was so tragic to read. May he rest in peace and I hope you heal in the way you're meant to be. Everything at your own pace, and no matter what...at least you had someone great in your life and the home theater you guys built will be a lasting legacy. 

Take care and best of luck to you. 

• Like 2

it's just me or the first 30 minutes were too dark like i couldn´t see a thing maybe it was my cinema but jesus i was really confused about what was happening

it think the film doesn't flow that well because they remind you a little too much about t'challa's death

but wow i really loved namor and the fact that he actually speaks maya instead of spanish was something really special

i would love a mayan-aztec movie or tv show i don't think i've seen one yet

8 out of 10

i felt like the american sub plot was useless

Edited by AnDr3s

2 hours ago, exomassey said:

The soundtrack is getting some traction after the movies release.

Lift Me Up by Rihanna is climbing a bit.

A song called Con La Brisa is getting the most views on YouTube. That song is beautiful.

Yeah after watching the movie Con La Brisa is the one that was stuck in my head.

• Like 3

More multiplex theaters than not in the US (and perhaps globally) are operating *way* below the standards they should be, and people often pay for a sub-standard experience without knowing any better (let alone theater cleanliness, etc.).  Any darkness significant enough where you have trouble seeing what's going on is definitely due to the theater, *not* the film -- and you should complain accordingly to your local venue.  When I saw "NO TIME TO DIE" at a local (Lie)Max, there were red dots all over the screen noticeable through much of it.  I complained and I refuse to go back to that theater until I have some indication they've corrected their presentation...which I really have no way of knowing until being corralled into another experience there, I guess...   

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

They have the bulbs too dim in general which would be fine if they didn't have the theatre SO bright. The lights they have on the steps (down the aisles) shine up on the bottom corners of the screen. So distracting.

Exactly.  AMC must have had one too many threatened lawsuits over the years from people tripping or something...  

So I’ve been listening to the soundtrack and I dare say it’s a better album than the first one. The soundtrack for the first movie is a great rap album and Kendrick is just genius on it but this one is way more emotional and makes you feel. I’m loving all the African and Latino music on here and it’s a breath of fresh air.

34 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Lots of right wing screaming about this movie.

What else is new from you-know-who?  The movie is a success regardless of what racists think. 

Ignore them.  

Edited by Macleod

A lot of complaints about how dark the movie was in terms of actual lighting. I am sure it was another problem with the short post-production. Hopefully the 4k rendering on D+ will fix some of it. Most 4k tv's are brighter than theater shows anyway.

And yes, Con La Brisa is amazing!

Edited by jedijake

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Lots of right wing screaming about this movie.

A loud, insignificant minority. I have a lot of conservative friends and family who loved the movie, think it looks good, or just plain haven't said anything about it.

Anecdotal I know, but I refuse to generalize.