Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

8 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

i liked it. a little under part 1 they'd be around the same area in my rankings. really loved all the stuff w/ namor and his people and everything else is just fine. has the same weaknesses as the first one; action could've been cooler, the jokes never land, and there's a little too much martin freeman.

Did we see the same movie??

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Macleod said:

South Korea doesn't seem to like/incorporate superheroes into their culture -- interestingly, they're one of the few major film-producing countries in recent years that hasn't produced anything in this genre! -- So this whole sensibility would always be a little obtuse to them, seemingly...  It's an interesting thing.  But that's cool -- I prefer most South Korean movies over most Hollywood movies these days, anyway... 😁

Pre-Covid SK was one of the most MCU-crazy countries.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Macleod said:

Not surprising, but... WAKANDA FOREVER and BLACK ADAM unlikely to be released in China:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/black-panther-wakanda-forever-black-adam-china-release-1235260069/

I think that Xi and the CCP are gradually going to simply close off Chinese theaters to Western movies.

OTher then Authoratarin dictatorships suck, not much you can say about that.

• Like 5

Definitely enjoyed the film and the highs are higher than the first but this has much more significant pacing issues than the first.

Angela Bassett was the MVP. Letitia did her best, and she gave an enjoyable performance. Liked the villain, too. He was menacing when he needed to be.

However...I must say...the blue people needed to either look more "fantastical" or just...different. Because on land, they literally just seemed like people with blue paint who raided a Halloween store. 

Great ending when everything comes full circle.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Macleod said:

South Korea doesn't seem to like/incorporate superheroes into their culture -- interestingly, they're one of the few major film-producing countries in recent years that hasn't produced anything in this genre! -- So this whole sensibility would always be a little obtuse to them, seemingly...  It's an interesting thing.  But that's cool -- I prefer most South Korean movies over most Hollywood movies these days, anyway... 😁

There is at least one superhero genre film from Korea. It is from the director of Train to Busan, it is pretty decent as well. 

• Thanks 1

I think they should’ve filmed the underwater scenes the same way they did with Aquaman, or tried to at least. 

I kept thinking the actors here were going to stop breathing 😂 didn’t get the vibe that they lived under there at all, when it looked like they were struggling so much lol. 

I planned on watching this in a theater. I missed the opportunity watching the first in a theater, and this one looks very good. 

All summer long, one of my best friends and I were working on building a home theater in my basement. We went all out with the sound, the seating, snacks and etc.. The screen is 100" but can even go up to 175". We finished the home theater enough to watch movies and play games on it about a month ago. I still have posters and decorations to hang up, but it's essentially done. It's just small stuff from here. We watched Halloween Ends for the first movie on that movies opening weekend. We just played video games on it this past Sunday. He was also here this past Saturday for my oldest daughters birthday party. On Thursday, he passed away in a complete freak accident. 

I'm just heartbroken. Considering the themes of this movie and what's going on in my personal life, I just wouldn't feel comfortable watching it in a theater. I would be a wreck. I'd much rather be a wreck in the home theater we built together instead of being a wreck in public 💔

• Like 1
  • Sad 16

Great movie! Clunky and maybe slightly disjointed BUT I attribute that for the truncated post-production timeframe. It had the same amount of flaws as No Way Home. Not NEARLY as all over the place as MoM, but not as "linear" as Shang Chi or the first BP movie. (by linear, I mean straight forward simpler story telling).

The parts that were slower really needed to be slower. I won't say much about the actual plot here and will reserve that for the spoiler thread.

As for performances, yes, Angela was tremendous BUT......LETICIA-WOWOWOW!!!! We can talk all we want about best supporting actress for Angela, but I could see (never gonna happen) a best actress for Leticia because she was unbelievably good!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1