Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

19 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Has held up well during the holidays. Prob a combination of the solid WOM and not dumping it on D+ alongside the lucrative holiday. Could it get past AoU?

Possible. Will be at $433.2M through today and should do about $4.6-4.9M 3-Day this weekend. Doctor Strange did 4.9x this same weekend in 2016 (while coming out a comparative week earlier). If WF follows a similar path, it's around $456-458M which is right at AOU's doorstep. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Has held up well during the holidays. Prob a combination of the solid WOM and not dumping it on D+ alongside the lucrative holiday. Could it get past AoU?

25 minutes ago, XXR Eywa Has Heard You! said:

Possible. Will be at $433.2M through today and should do about $4.6-4.9M 3-Day this weekend. Doctor Strange did 4.9x this same weekend in 2016 (while coming out a comparative week earlier). If WF follows a similar path, it's around $456-458M which is right at AOU's doorstep. 

DS1 has a very small weekend however (650k).   

The better comparison (holding great for over 40 days now) is fantastic beasts 1 with a 9.9M dec 26-Jan 1. Added 1x. So if BP ends the 3day at 438ish off a 12M week that is 450. I think there is room to pull ahead of FB1 further in Jan as long as D+ release remains later. 452-460ish?

D+ release is Jan 20th according to MCU direct and Hollywood Handle. MCU direct usually is right the few times they have news like this. If true I´m sad. Was hoping for Feb. Does this stop it for going past TDKR at 448M? Saw someone mention that they thought this was good because then everyone can get caught up with Phase 4 and given the general good reception to it will help the buzz for Ant-Man? Anyone agreeing with that?

On 12/30/2022 at 3:17 PM, jedijake said:

This thing would have KILLED it in the Christmas slot. Still happy about how it's done over the Christmas holiday, especially this week. 

Once AVATAR was there, it was never going to happen.  Especially as they're both owned by the same overall corporate sphere.  And also because...you know...blue people.  😁  I would love to be a fly on the wall when Cameron found out that Coogler's film was using "blue water people" as well... Suprised Marvel/Disney ended up approving that decision. 

Edited by Macleod

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

Once AVATAR was there, it was never going to happen.  Especially as they're both owned by the same overall corporate sphere.  And also because...you know...blue people.  😁  I would love to be a fly on the wall when Cameron found out that Coogler's film was using "blue water people" as well... Suprised Marvel/Disney ended up approving that decision. 

I meant if it were released at Christmas WITHOUT Avatar being released.