Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

Idk, this was good all things considered, but all the extra MCU stuff sucked any sort of momentum of the narrative. Switching Morrison with the Loki DP was also a bad move (wonder if Feige made that choice). This franchise would be way better if it weren't a part of the MCU. Contains maybe my favorite montage in a blockbuster in a long time though.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Idk, this was good all things considered, but all the extra MCU stuff sucked any sort of momentum of the narrative. Switching Morrison with the Loki DP was also a bad move (wonder if Feige made that choice). This franchise would be way better if it weren't a part of the MCU. Contains maybe my favorite montage in a blockbuster in a long time though.

I believe Morrison had a conflict with another project. 

On 11/9/2022 at 8:44 PM, exomassey said:

The reactions in S.Korea aren’t encouraging.

Imo Marvel can’t take another hit. Three big event films this year and they all have come under expectations.

If Quantumania flops, then I don’t know. The narrative around the MCU is starting to change.

I don't think "Marvel Fatigue" is a thing. I don't even think a decline in quality is to blame. Captain Marvel made over a billion.

The problem is two-fold, but with each issue having the same impact. Phase 4 lacks an overarching narrative to make each movie "must-see". There's also too much content.

I never missed a single MCU movie in theatres EVER until Phase 4. I did not see Black Widow, Eternals or Thor 4 in theatres. It's not essential viewing anymore.

I think Ant-Man's final WW total starts with a 5, tbh.

Edited by TheScarecrow
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, TheScarecrow said:

I don't think "Marvel Fatigue" is a thing. I don't even think a decline in quality is to blame. Captain Marvel made over a billion.

The problem is two-fold, but with each issue having the same impact. Phase 4 lacks an overarching narrative to make each movie "must-see". There's also too much content.

I never missed a single MCU movie in theatres EVER until Phase 4. I did not see Black Widow, Eternals or Thor 4 in theatres. It's not essential viewing anymore.

I think Ant-Man's final WW total starts with a 5, tbh.

Which would be sad given that of all movies that one will contribute the most to the overarching narrative.

42 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Nope. MCU need better writing more than any other help. If you look to one more single market or two, it only means your movie sucks. 

MCU phase 3 without China-

Ant-Man 414M
Ant-Man & Wasp 501M
Doctor Strange 568M
Thor Ragnarok 741M
GOTG2 763M

Are you saying that these movies had bad writing & they sucks? MCU needs China because China is a big market & box office looks much better along with China.

2 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Nope. MCU need better writing more than any other help. If you look to one more single market or two, it only means your movie sucks. 

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Love the optimism, but this genre is where writing goes to die. If it turned out that Feige was generating the scripts with A.I. , I would not be surprised. 

1 hour ago, The GOAT said:

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Love the optimism, but this genre is where writing goes to die. If it turned out that Feige was generating the scripts with A.I. , I would not be surprised. 

Yeah the world really needs an Aaron Sorkin written Infinity War where Thanos lectures the president for 30 minutes.

These are action movies, they're not oscar bait. Stay in your lane and make 30 billion dollars with movies critics, fans and general audiences love.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Factcheck said:

Ant-Man 414M
Ant-Man & Wasp 501M
Doctor Strange 568M
Thor Ragnarok 741M
GOTG2 763M

Are you saying that these movies had bad writing & they sucks? MCU needs China because China is a big market & box office looks much better along with China.

No one needs China as long as they continue to cut themselves off from the world.  I'm totally an advocate that Disney/Marvel and every other major Hollywood studio need to adjust their budgets more modestly/accordingly to reflect no guarantees in China releases for the foreseeable future.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Factcheck said:

Ant-Man 414M
Ant-Man & Wasp 501M
Doctor Strange 568M
Thor Ragnarok 741M
GOTG2 763M

Why didn't you include Infinity War, Endgame, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, etc?

Oh because they prove Disney doesn't need China's measly 20% cut of ~100m.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Why didn't you include Infinity War, Endgame, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, etc?

Oh because they prove Disney doesn't need China's measly 20% cut of ~100m.

Disney doesn't need a 20% cut from the movies that I mentioned above. As I said, the overall box office of a movie looks much better, along with the China gross. The 850 million+ figure looks much better than the 700 million+ figure. It helps the overall narrative that MCU is doing well. MoM would have been in the billion-dollar club if it had been released in China.

56 minutes ago, Macleod said:

No one needs China as long as they continue to cut themselves off from the world.  I'm totally an advocate that Disney/Marvel and every other major Hollywood studio need to adjust their budgets more modestly/accordingly to reflect no guarantees in China releases for the foreseeable future.  

Agreed. It would be nice if the world moved manufacturing away from China too but they can't pass up the ultra cheap labor for cheaply made goods.