Eric Prime

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

1 hour ago, PrinceRico said:

Lol the original did 193

total. This is already on course based on pre sales and tracking to open to 100+ it’s opening weekend alone. It will half have very very very awful legs for it to barely pass the first one.

People are getting really crazy with high predicts for this. Let's be generous and say SV2 doubles what the first movie made. $400M WW would be very good but not blockbuster level for an animated film. I'm thinking $500 WW MAX.

Edited by Mojoguy

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

People are getting really crazy with high predicts for this. Let's be generous and say SV2 doubles what the first movie made WW, $400M WW would be very good but not blockbuster level for an animated film. I'm thinking $500 WW MAX.

Bigger OW but more competition and won't have holiday legs like ITSV had back in 2018. 

4 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

This is weirdly late, i guess maybe It’s because of spoilers since everyone said the movie is very good 

It's likely the movie isn't done yet if INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE is any indication - they went right down to the wire finishing that before their release date.

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

It's likely the movie isn't done yet if INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE is any indication - they went right down to the wire finishing that before their release date.

Yeesh. The Animation Guild really needs to strike.

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Yeesh. The Animation Guild really needs to strike.

This movie got really lucky that animation writers aren't part of the WGA which is striking. They can still make changes before whatever their final deadline is.

Live action films this summer won't be as lucky.

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

This movie got really lucky that animation writers aren't part of the WGA which is striking. They can still make changes before whatever their final deadline is.

Live action films this summer won't be as lucky.

Most of them are done in this regard, the one that should worry about it’s the ones in the back of the year 

$600m WW would be fantastic for this.

People keep forgetting only Illumination has found any kind of mega success post pandemic as an animation studio. They keep their budgets low, have "safe" films, and plenty of humor easily digestable worldwide.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

People are getting really crazy with high predicts for this. Let's be generous and say SV2 doubles what the first movie made. $400M WW would be very good but not blockbuster level for an animated film. I'm thinking $500 WW MAX.

Uh...if SV2 doubles what the first film made that would be 750 WW. 400M ww would be a 25M improvement.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Uh...if SV2 doubles what the first film made that would be 750 WW. 400M ww would be a 25M improvement.

For some stupid reason I was thinking it made 200M WW. Yeesh a 400M DOM and 750WW would be incredible. That kind of increase for any sequel would be hard to do.

6 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

For some stupid reason I was thinking it made 200M WW. Yeesh a 400M DOM and 750WW would be incredible. That kind of increase for any sequel would be hard to do.

I don't know if it can double. But especially with the kind of presale start it had domestically I don't see any reason why this would struggle to crack 550-600 at the very least.

22 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

That is not unusual.

On LOTR\ROTK they were working on the film right up the morning of the Drop Dead Date..the date the film had to be delivered to the printers if the film was to open on time.

On 5/14/2023 at 2:52 PM, Melosh said:

I don’t wanna jinx it,but there’s a possibility that this could get a pg-13,being that they didn’t announce the rating yet.       

I've actually been thinking the same thing. Normally I'd say that's a ridiculous idea, but I feel like the chances of it happening here are, if not high, then at least higher than zero. 

When I first saw this in cinema I thought it was okay. What the hell was I thinking. Just re-watched this at home at, on an OLED, and its way better than I remember. Its awesome. 

Any early word on this second one, reaction/reviews/reception?

• Heart 1

I really wonder the reason for the late embargo if they´re showing it to press already. Spoilers will be out the minute the press starts getting it. So can´t imagine that´s the reason.

Edited by thajdikt