MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

17 minutes ago, Morieris said:

https://deadline.com/2021/08/shang-chi-star-simu-liu-slams-disney-ceo-comment-we-are-not-an-experiment-1234815077/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=exacttarget&utm_campaign=Deadline_BreakingNews&utm_content=293369_08-14-2021_headline&utm_term=3043955

Look, I'm not fan #1 of Chapek either, but I thought he meant that in a "the 45 day window is an experiment" way, not "East Asian superheroes" are, but I don't remember Chapek's quote about this exactly.

Yep posted this quote last night in weekend thread, here it is again:

"On Shang-Chi, we think it's actually going to be an interesting experiment for us because it's got only a 45-day window for us. So the prospect of being able to take a Marvel title to service after going theatrical with 45 days will be yet another data point to inform our actions going forward on our titles. But once again, I'll refer back to my previous answer. When we plan Shang-Chi that title was planned on being in a much more healthy theatrical environment."

source:https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2021/08/12/walt-disney-dis-q3-2021-earnings-call-transcript/

At no point does he mention Disney/Chapek, I'd guess its more the people taking the route out of context like below

Screen-Shot-2021-08-14-at-10-12-23-PM.pn

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

Some publicity is bad publicity… but this ain’t it. 

Yeah those takes were interesting.

Oh no Disney/Marvel must be so upset that they are getting free press promoting Shang-Chi and pointing out its release date in theatres, how horrible lol. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Yeah those takes were interesting.

Oh no Disney/Marvel must be so upset that they are getting free press promoting Shang-Chi and pointing out its release date in theatres, how horrible lol. 

Did Chapek put his foot in his mouth… or is he playing 12D backgammon 👀

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I'm putting my foot in the sand on this.  The reactions and reviews are going to be stellar and the movie is going to be a big hit and open bigger than most anyone thinks.  

So the kung fu Ant-Man?

I dig it.

25 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I'm putting my foot in the sand on this.  The reactions and reviews are going to be stellar and the movie is going to be a big hit and open bigger than most anyone thinks.  

Fantastic to hear after all of the negativity over past couple of weeks.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I hope with summer approaching things get better. I so wanna see MCU movie perform during XMAS and AUS is one market where XMAS and JAN are bonkers. Hoping for A$50M+ in AUS for NWH.

I sure hope so.

Vaccination is great under way here but we wont know for sure  how each state approaches thr reality that opening means surge in cases despite high vaccination rates. We are still very much of the mindset of covid 0.

We will have to wait and see :(.

• Like 1

here is Youtube views/like/dislike from south korea.

BW Trailer (2:04) 1M views / 7.7k like - 104 dislike
BW Special trailer (1:09) 1.26M views / 9.2k - 105
BW 30sec trailer(0:39) 697k views / 1.8k - 60
BW Final Trailer (0:59) 590k views / 2.4k - 66

Marvel Studios Celebrates The Movies  1.14M views / 16k - 202

Eternals Teaser 3M views / 28k - 468

Shang-Chi Teaser  627k views / 3.6k - 1.1k
Shang-Chi main Trailer 684k views / 3.9k - 359
(most liked replies are like "it got baaned from china which is good news , badge of honor, finally I can enjoy this" lol )
Shang-Chi 60sec trailer 353k views / 1.3k - 81
Shang-Chi Featurette 913k views / 1.1k - 102
Shang-Chi (0:45) 311k views / 595 - 17

it will be very interesting to see Asia numbers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

But how high?  I know I've put my thoughts out on actual ranges, so what are yours for the 4 day OW?  If you think high, I'm assuming you're in the $60m+ minimum crowd, but there are quite a few board folks there looking at the club, so are you even higher?