MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

Just now, Fox20 said:

So what I get from people in this thread is that they wanted PA, just to have an excuse if Shang Chi has low number... Why are the people that don't care about this movie the ones more worried about the numbers?

Probably fear that if this bombs, all studios are going to put all their movies on 2022, which doesn't make much sense.

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Probably fear that if this bombs, all studios are going to put all their movies on 2022, which doesn't make much sense.

Disney and WB won't move anything to 2022.

Par has to release Top Gun 2 this year so that stays too. Same for Bond. The only question mark is Spidey

Edited by Maggie

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

Disney and WB won't move anything to 2022.

Par has to release Top Gun 2 this year so that stays too. Same for Bond. The only question mark is Spidey

They have? Because of contrats?

I mean i really don't see how delay TG2 and NTTD would be viable considering both lost their timings, are being promoted since 2019 and delay it again would only bring more losses.

But i though this was more a logical thing than some obligation.

13 minutes ago, AJG said:

MoffetNathanson asking the good stuff.

• Chapek says Shang Chi is exclusive. Free Guy is exclusive.
  • He values flexibility.
  • Nothing else is in stone.
  • They can’t add PA on Free Guy due to old Fox deals.
  • Shang Chi is an experiment and will go straight to D+ in 45 days from streaming.
  • It is not possible to add PA to Shang Chi at this point.
  • They assumed they would be releasing to a healthier market when they announced the release date.

I only have to wait 45 days??...yeah, that's the final info I needed...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

They have? Because of contrats?

I mean i really don't see how delay TG2 and NTTD would be viable considering both lost their timings, are being promoted since 2019 and delay it again would only bring more losses.

But i though this was more a logical thing than some obligation.

No, i have no idea about contracts. They can't delay it anymore because both movies are already DOA and it's no point in delaying the inevitable anymore

• Like 1

Par should have sold Top Gun 2 last year when it had a little hype. Now, they are gonna lose so much money. Amazon will save Bond

What in the hell are you talking about?  

Stop making things up that don't exist.  

• Like 5

Par should have sold Top Gun 2 last year when it had a little hype. Now, they are gonna lose so much money. Amazon will save Bond

I think Bond producers will never accept this movie dropping exclusively on streaming.

But i can see they making a deal for a shorter window. Release on theaters for 30 days and then release on Prime Video maybe.

I bet Amazon would pay 200M to have this movie on their platform quickly after release. With some money from box office they still can get at least the investment back.

• Like 1

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

I only have to wait 45 days??...yeah, that's the final info I needed...

I kind of feel the same way here. Outside of the Avengers films, I usually took my sweet time to see most Marvel movies in theatres pre-pandemic (and I still haven't seen Black Widow yet). So if I'm only waiting an additional 45 days to see Shang-Chi on Disney+, then I honestly wouldn't mind the extra wait, especially since it's only gonna be 12 days after Black Widow shows up sans PA.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AJG said:
  • Shang Chi is an experiment and will go straight to D+ in 45 days from streaming.

Seem potentially worst box office impact wise or quite equivalent than the previous Black Widow and others $30 movie +

Raya was a March 5 release and D+ on june 4 (90 days)

Black widow july 9, D+ release is October 6 (90 days)

Half the windows time, but no $30 options.

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Seem potentially worst box office impact wise or quite equivalent than the previous Black Widow and others $30 movie +

Raya was a March 5 release and D+ on june 4 (90 days)

Black widow july 9, D+ release is October 6 (90 days)

Half the windows time, but no $30 options.

Honestly i'm pretty sure they will treat SC like a common SVOD release after the theatrical window, but instead of putting in other platforms they will put on PA.

The only difference i can see they making is charging 20 dollars instead of 30 because it's not day and date.

For free i really would be shocked.

I’m only disappointed cause this is gonna be the first time I won’t be able to see an mcu movie opening weekend(unless things improve here). But I have no issue with the decision, it’s good for theatres. 

Edited by cax16