MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I tried to tell you guys the reactions would be out of this world and silly talk of a $30m opening weekend were nonsense.  

Have you seen the movie or just heard word about it 🤔

7 hours ago, RRA said:

More and more I’m reminded of Ant-Man’s lackluster marketing, which in retrospect it struggled to sell a fun Amblin-inspired heist movie is surprising.

Yeah but it did good by 2015 CBM for a new character standards. In both of my Civil War screenings people cheered when he showed up.

26 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

Plenty of MCU movies have good 3rd acts and this could easily be one of them. Something can be a mess and have lots of cgi, but simply having lots of cgi doesn't make it a mess.   

It's simply not a Marvel movie if you don't blow everything up at the end. First they feed us the vegatables, then we get the juicy steak

Edited by Chicago

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

can you plz just stop with the doom and gloom for once ......

Fan anticipation is good. Spoilers will be out by Tomorrow. 

Marvel never does this. Fan screenings loses so many audience that will ho to theatre and hype the movie. It's ugly approach. 

So I finally saw the trailer for this before Free Guy and thought it looked really good to the point where it's something I decided I'd see in theaters. Which is why I was dumbfounded by some of the comments in the last weekend thread about it. 

Really happy to see it's getting really good reactions and based on the tracking thread seems like it's going to open very well too. 

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

Fan anticipation is good. Spoilers will be out by Tomorrow. 

Marvel never does this. Fan screenings loses so many audience that will ho to theatre and hype the movie. It's ugly approach. 

yeah and bc of that the movie will make 40 mill on ow instead of 60 .......it will be fine , not the best approach probably but not the end of the world either

6 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

No fan screenings destroy the movie demand. Wtf is marvel doing. Marvel really want to kill the movie. 

On the contrary. Fan screenings can help create even more buzz for a movie. 

It worked well with Deadpool 2 fyi 

• Like 4

How much demand would realistically be burned? Like in just 25 screenings it can't have a material effect on the OW. If the movie is indeed really good then maybe those who watched will be hyping it up. There is the spoiler worry, I guess, hopefully people who watch it early will be considerate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, john2000 said:

yeah and bc of that the movie will make 40 mill on ow instead of 60 .......it will be fine , not the best approach probably but not the end of the world either

But there was no need. These people would have most likely gone on opening weekend and now some of them won't. 

If this was near the film opening I would have understood but this early is not good at all. 

Just now, Menor said:

I think they're making the bet that this will have really great WOM with fans. So they want that out there to build hype. 

also endgame too had the entier third act or so leaked/spoiled 2/3 weeks before the premier and it didnt affect anything so i doubt that this will

1 minute ago, Menor said:

I think they're making the bet that this will have really great WOM with fans. So they want that out there to build hype. 

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

reminder if i remember correctly leaks are already there along with the entire third act if i remember correctly... the movie will be fine if  there are spoilers there will be in reddit or twitter (which prob will be taken down)

No definitive leak right now. After this whole plot and end credit scenes will be leaked online. This kills excitement for many. 

Honestly, there was no need. Good reviews would have taken care of anything. Movie literally has a month to itself, wom would have spread either way. 

This is just burning demand.