MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

Unfortunately I didn't track BW views but fabio did

On 12/4/2019 at 4:34 AM, fabiopazzo2 said:

15 hours Update:

YT: 12.1M views+ 756K likes
Twitter: 13,5M views

Views are on expected ground less than half of FFH and 2/3rd of Widow. FFH I didn't checked Likes but they were more than 2x surely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Far From Home is not a proper comparison to this because-

1. It's a Spider-Man movie.
2. A sequel on top of that.
3. People at the time were curious when does it take place and how the post Endgame world looks. There was a lot of hype already.

Edited by Saul Goodman

4 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Far From Home is not a proper comparison to this because-

1. It's a Spider-Man movie.
2. A sequel on top of that.
3. People at the time were curious when does it take place and how the post Endgame world looks. There was a lot of hype already.

It's a proper comparison if you put it in the context. Shang-Chi doing half of FFH is very good. Nobody expects a new property to perform like a sequel to a known one but you can gauge whether interest is there. And interest is definitely there. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

In 15.5 hours

You Tube - 13M (8M main channel)
Twitter - 12.5M (11M main handle)

Facebook - 12.5M (8.5M main handle)
Instagram - 7M (5.5M 3 main pages)

Total - 45M

Far From Home in comparison

Hide contents

Trailer views 16.5 Hours.

1.  YouTube: 30 million Approx 

2. Twitter: 16 million (13.6 million @Spidermanmovie and 1.22 million @SpidermanfilmJP)

3. Facebook: 16 million Approx (13.2 million main channel)

4. Instagram: 20 million Approx (10 million plus Tom Holland, 6 million Marvel Entertainment and rest)

Total: 82 million plus on these four platforms. Shall be close to 125-150 million views 24 hours all included

This is great. Shows that Twitter and FB are not far off but difference is on YT and Insta likely cause FFH has stronger presence there which isn't unusual for a sequel + Holland being in TA movies. So all in all, strong start for SC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, john2000 said:

So what do we expect in terms of views for the first 24 hours? 70 mill? 

Probably more.

The last BW trailer did 70M, and it was lower in the official channels.

It's been a while since trailer views seems more split, i don't know why exactly.

• Like 1

The trailer slowed down after a strong start, but still was very big, for an unknown character especially.

Let's see if someome will drop the 24h number, i'm expecting 80-90M, i don't remember any "original" Marvel film doing more than that except BP and CM 

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The trailer slowed down after a strong start, but still was very big, for an unknown character especially.

Let's see if someome will drop the 24h number, i'm expecting 80-90M, i don't remember any "original" Marvel film doing more than that except BP and CM 

I mean it’s a new character... I presume there will be some sort of curiosity factor hence also inflating the views right? Or am I wrong?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

I mean it’s a new character... I presume there will be some sort of curiosity factor hence also inflating the views right? Or am I wrong?

Yes, at least with MCU every record breaking trailer is for a sequel with the originals being way smaller.

So far the only new character movie with barely +100M views are Captain Marvel which finish with 109M and probably because of the Infinity War post credit scene.

I searching here and even Black Panther did 89M views on it's first day.

So yeah anything beyond 70M for Shang Chi is massive 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

For lower trailer views y'all are like its new character and FFH and all were sequels and stuff.

But for box office y'all ignoring all that and expecting 100-125M like every other MCU film :hahaha:

Pick a lane.

personally i never expected shang shi to have that kind of ow

ps 65-70 million views for shang shi is very very good

Edited by john2000

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

For lower trailer views y'all are like its new character and FFH and all were sequels and stuff.

But for box office y'all ignoring all that and expecting 100-125M like every other MCU film :hahaha:

Pick a lane.

Shang Chi could easily debut with $85-90M pre pandemic.

Way less than every sequel they put out recently, except for Wasp which everyone knows will be smaller since the trailer made 50M views even with the sequel boost.

Pre Covid i would bet in something like:

$250M DOM [$ 90M OW]

$175M CHI

$380 OS-C

$805M WW

Which seems reasonable considering the trailer show the interest exists.

But since for me things will be far from normal this entire year, i´m satisfied with anything above $500M.

15 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Shang Chi could easily debut with $85-90M pre pandemic.

Way less than every sequel they put out recently, except for Wasp which everyone knows will be smaller since the trailer made 50M views even with the sequel boost.

The question is.. will this be on Premiere Access?

@charlie Jatinder what's your bet?

53 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Pick a lane.

? Who was saying that it will be as big as FFH. FFH was the equivalent of a 140 million OW, I haven't seen anyone making that prediction. 100 million would be a good number for this. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

The question is.. will this be on Premiere Access?

@charlie Jatinder what's your bet?

I'll bet - if the movie is more like the last 20 seconds of the trailer, it will totally be on premiere access.

If the movie is like the 1st 20 seconds of the trailer, it will be theatrical only.

Since Awkwafina is a big get, I'm thinking it will be the former, so this will be a dual release...

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

10 minutes ago, Menor said:

? Who was saying that it will be as big as FFH. FFH was the equivalent of a 140 million OW, I haven't seen anyone making that prediction. 100 million would be a good number for this. 

Yeah I saw some comments on 100-125, which is like 70-80% of FFH, when I think it will be around half just like trailer views.