sfran43

Weekend Thread: Thursday Previews - Spider-Verse $3.5M | Mortal Engines $675K

I wanna say that's the sixth A+ CinemaScore this year?

Black Panther

I Can Only Imagine

Love, Simon

Incredibles II

The Hate U Give

and now Spider-Verse. Just had a looksy and that means that 2018 has matched 1989's record of six A+ CinemaScore's (Dead Poet's Society, Driving Miss Daisy, A Dry White Season, Lean on Me, Lethal Weapon 2 and When Harry Met Sally).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I wanna say that's the sixth A+ CinemaScore this year?

Black Panther

I Can Only Imagine

Love, Simon

Incredibles II

The Hate U Give

and now Spider-Verse. Just had a looksy and that means that 2018 has matched 1989's record of six A+ CinemaScore's (Dead Poet's Society, Driving Miss Daisy, A Dry White Season, Lean on Me, Lethal Weapon 2 and When Harry Met Sally).

It's not impossible to get 7 and beat the record either; Bumblebee and Mary Poppins Returns both come out soon and have a shot at getting it.  Been a great year for crowdpleasers.

Edit: Green Book also apparently got it, so we're already at a record year lol

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It's not impossible to get 7 and beat the record either; Bumblebee and Mary Poppins Returns both come out soon and have a shot at getting it.  Been a great year for crowdpleasers.

Edit: Green Book also apparently got it, so we're already at a record year lol

I’m not seeing a rating for Green Book yet, where’d you get that info?   

Anyway, 2018 has been an INSANE year for movies, quality and $$, DOM and OS.

just wanted to point out the current numbers on rottentomatoes...

Bumblebee is at 98%

Spider-Verse is at 97%

Now, obviously average rating and of course number of reviews and all that, but I just wanted to point it out.

(If the next 5 reviews for Spider-Verse are positive, then it should round back up to 98%.)

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I’m not seeing a rating for Green Book yet, where’d you get that info?   

Anyway, 2018 has been an INSANE year for movies, quality and $$, DOM and OS.

It was polled in limited and received an A+ CinemaScore according to some of the trades.  Don't think it counts though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

It was polled in limited and received an A+ CinemaScore according to some of the trades.  Don't think it counts though.

Ahh yes, missed the 1500 theater mark to be automatically covered by CS and released to the public. Wonder if 1989 had any such movies.

Not surprised at the Spider-Man CinemaScore. It's hard to imagine audiences not loving it. Even with plenty of competition coming for all quadrants, it should see some nice staying power over the Christmas and New Year's periods.