Eric the Fall Guy

Wednesday Numbers: Poppins 4.8M l Everything's dead. Screw everything.

2 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Here you go

6 3 Ralph Breaks the Internet Buena Vista 2,495 -1,080 -30.2% 5
11 7 Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Warner Bros. 682 -1,924 -73.8% 6

THE WIZARDING WORLD. SINKING LIKE A STONE. AND RALPH FALLING TO THE GODS OF ILLUMINATION.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Here you go

11 7 Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Warner Bros. 682 -1,924 -73.8% 6

Damn, that Beasts theater drop...I mean, I knew it was coming (and it actually gained 1 theater b/c it opened at my cheapo, so the loss of 1st run is higher), but it's seeing it in print:)...

19 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Ralph Breaks Grindelwald

Teleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

How are you since Avengers broke the spine of your beloved TFA OW record only to crush the biggest franchise of all time when Han Solo mega bombed a month later?

Edited by CJohn

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Teleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

How are you since Avengers broke the spine of your beloved TFA OW record only 

Less than 10 million is spine breaking?

I guess Cena will have all his bones broken with the outgrossing of Bumblebee's OW then

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Less than 10 million is spine breaking?

I guess Cena will have all his bones broken with the outgrossing of Bumblebee's OW then

Bay will kill him and send a dick pic to Paramount executives with the words SUCK IT below it.

Jumanji opened under the heat of Last Jedi which I imagine partly took some of the air out of the room for it, leading to bigger escalation after Jumanji's first weekend.  

Poppins could have the opposite scenario, opening first, and then Aquaman jumping up big right afterwards.  I'll guess 45-50 through Sunday for Poppins.

Just got back from Spidey - gonna partly mea culpa, although still not my favorite animated supers movie:)...

I did take motion sickness meds before I went...and was fine til those ending battle sequences, which I found both garishly colored and then eventually confusing...but it was a solid B movie.  I have a touch of a frontal headache and my eyes are literally tired, but I appreciated the originality of the artistic choices and many of the actual choices, the decision to tell a complete "no sequel necessary" story, and the character development of the "big 3."  

My spouse gave it an A-.  His only complaint was also the very ending battle sequence and the "predictability" of everything...but he felt the originalness of the art and the cool comic book nature elevated his grade.

Teen girls loved it - 2 As.  It's definitely a movie in the "teen wheelhouse."

My older son gave the movie a D - he hated it.  This was the kid who has a touch of sensory issues, and he was also the one who didn't want to see it...and he didn't change his mind afterwards...popcorn helped keep the peace.

The youngest son loved it.  Loved it, loved it...he's a Spidey fan, he was motivated to go - met his needs. A+++++.  He actually also sat for the whole thing, so yeah for this movie:).

• Like 3

Could JUMANJI: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE itself be a comparable for MARY POPPINS RETURNS? Completely different films but figured I'd ask.

I was thinking THE GREATEST SHOWMAN would be an appropriate comparison, given it was last year's mid-December musical, but we all know that movie's run was weird. It started slow like it was going to flop and then it suddenly gained tons of traction after the first week. MPR will undoubtedly have more goodwill from the start and thus behave differently.

Edited by JB33

30 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Could JUMANJI: WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE itself be a comparable for MARY POPPINS RETURNS? Completely different films but figured I'd ask.

I was thinking THE GREATEST SHOWMAN would be an appropriate comparison, given it was last year's mid-December musical, but we all know that movie's run was weird. It started slow like it was going to flop and then it suddenly gained tons of traction after the first week. MPR will undoubtedly have more goodwill from the start and thus behave differently.

We won’t really know where Mary Poppins (and every other movie opening this weekend, really) will land until next Wednesday at the earliest.

36 minutes ago, JB33 said:

No b/c JUMANJI is a lot of fun while MARY POPPINS is a bore. 

TGS is corny af but still entertaining, so also superior to MP. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Here you go

holy shit, Fantastic Beasts is dropping 70% this weekend and that officially kills off 200m for Ralph. Won't even pass the first.