That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

1 hour ago, DAR said:

I'll be honest I didn't see much in the way of promotion for Poppins.   

It's not a movie I am interested to watch, counts for the old one too (but to follow the BO as the time between its orignal release and this one is atypical and as such interesting to me)... I have not seen a single advertisment for it

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Reading Wednesday’s thread and this weekend thread like damn why do so many of you guys hate Mary Poppins?

For me it's because when I was a kid that movie and Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang were ALWAYS on when I had to stay at my grandparents and I fucking HAAATED those movies. I mean what is worse to a kid than watching stuffy grown-ups with British accents dancing and singing songs in old movies that never seem to end? And now when I think of those movies I just think of being a bummed out little kid staying at my grandparents.

I don't "hate" Mary Poppins and could care less how the movie is performing but still, FUCK MARY POPPINS.

Edited by MOVIEGUY
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Some people here get so triggered by certain things or people. See @TombRaider and JLo. Or @La Binoche and Mary Poppins. It's like, it's not enough for someone to say they didn't like a film and/or it's underperforming, They have to get ANGRY about it!!!!!

I was rooting for Shitty Poppins until I saw it. And you're right - it made me angry. It's that bad. 

• ...wtf 1

I saw Mary Poppins Returns today. It was a fun and adorable little musical with a fantastic lead performance from Emily Blunt. I think it will have strong legs over the holidays.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

it seems to me that some trades literally exist to talk about legs for movies that are clearly underperforming. But but legs. Don't worry about shitty opening, but but legs. Yeah, lets see how that works for 10+ movies that are supposed to save themselves with legs. Sorry but it's irritating. It's clear that studios are not happy with results and are pushing for legs damage control that may not be as long as they think.  

Don't you know that all Christmas movies get TGS legs now?:sparta:

• Haha 2

Moderation 

Just a friendly reminder from your friendly BOT moderating team. 

It’s a bit quiet but let’s keep things civil. If you’ve said something once there’s no need to repeat it ad nauseum.  Please don’t make posts simply in an attempt to trigger others.  If you feel triggered you don’t need to respond all the time. 

Regards 

BOT Staff

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Mary Poppins' budget is $130m which even by Disney's standards is not too bad so it'll likely make a profit for Disney.

Ralph probably will end with $ 200M dom and $ 550-575M ww 

MPR could do something like $ 210-230M dom and around $ 500M ww.

They’re both below some expectations, yes, but still good and solid enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOVIEGUY said:

For me it's because when I was a kid that movie and Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang were ALWAYS on when I had to stay at my grandparents and I fucking HAAATED those movies. I mean what is worse to a kid than watching stuffy grown-ups with British accents dancing and singing songs in old movies that never seem to end? And now when I think of those movies I just think of being a bummed out little kid staying at my grandparents.

I don't "hate" Mary Poppins and could care less how the movie is performing but still, FUCK MARY POPPINS.

did they skip over some of the violent action packed movies of the 70s like Towering Inferno, Dirty Harry, Poseidon Adventure for some of their perceived kid friendly silent-action pictures such as 2001: A Space Odyssey, Planet of the Apes,? or maybe convince them to sneak in The Last House on the Left!