John Marston

MLK Weekend Thread: Glass - 40m 3 day, 47m 4 day| Aquaman passes 300m| Dragonball - 21m 5 day

12 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I guess we have to give DB:Broly a formal release, That Saturday gross result a 10k PTA! 

I wonder if tickets for the film are higher than normal prices. South Indian films do so and the biggest of that managed numbers similar to Dragon Brolly.

Baahubali 2: The Conclusion

Date Rank Gross % Change Theaters Per Theater Total Gross Days
2017/04/28 2 $4,598,336   425 $10,820   $4,598,336 1
2017/04/29 5 $3,497,447 -24% 425 $8,229   $8,095,783 2
2017/04/30 4 $2,334,714 -33% 425 $5,493   $10,430,497

12 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:
Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Sad 1

The Upside is reminding me of Taken a decade ago where it overcame the odds (sitting on the shelf appearing as if it would never be released/being available online illegally for over a year) to become a surprise hit.

This was a pretty good weekend for everything really. Dragon Ball has to be an early contender for Most Epic Box Office Run at the BOFFYs next year for how much it has surpassed expectations.

Destroyer is gonna super flop ala Vox Lux when it goes “wide” next weekend (which probably won’t be that many theaters since there’s barely been a marketing push for it).

14 minutes ago, TMP said:

Will WB do any fudging to get it over Civil War worldwide?

15-20 million isn't something easily fudged.  They'll be content having made more than it overseas and be right next to a film that features Cap, Iron Man, Spider-Man & Black Panther.  Huge accomplishment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AdamKendall said:

15-20 million isn't something easily fudged.  They'll be content having made more than it overseas and be right next to a film that features Cap, Iron Man, Spider-Man & Black Panther.  Huge accomplishment.

They still have Japan tho, I wouldn’t be surprised if it overperforms there 

Edited by raulbalarezo

Looking at the weeks ahead it seems like the box office is in for somewhat of a drought with February also looking rather dry as well (Lego Batman numbers are probably the ceiling for Lego 2 and How to Train Your Dragon 3 is unlikely to make more than its predecessor). All the more reason to believe Captain Marvel is gonna explode by the time it opens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Looking at the weeks ahead it seems like the box office is in for somewhat of a drought with February also looking rather dry as well (Lego Batman numbers are probably the ceiling for Lego 2 and How to Train Your Dragon 3 is unlikely to make more than its predecessor). All the more reason to believe Captain Marvel is gonna explode by the time it opens.

Or we might get a breakout hit in Alita. I hope so. 

Edited by Mr Impossible
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

LEGO Twovie could still do $200m Dom

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

LEGO Twovie could still do $200m Dom

I don’t know. It feels like it’s arriving with less buzz than Lego Batman did. Said this in the tracking thread a few days ago but it was probably not the best choice putting out spin-offs before the sequel (especially when one of the spin-offs completely cratered).

• Like 1

Aquaman had 14.3 OS weekend so should add 25-30 current OS.

Should also add 25-30 Dom after Sunday.

Japan could bring 15-20.

25-30 + 25-30 + 15-20 = 65-80 more ww.

Adding that to current 1063 ww gives 1128-1143.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1