Actress

Supporting Actress x2

Screenplay

Cinematography

Editing

Production Design

Costume Design

Vice and Roma are second with eight tho

Roma is actually tied with The Favourite for the most noms (10 noms each). Roma has:

Picture

Director

Actress

Supporting Actress

Foreign Language Film

Original Screenplay

Cinematography

Sound Editing

Sound Mixing

Production Design

Followed by Vice and A Star is Born (8 nominations each).

Then:

Black Panther (7 noms)

BlacKkKlansman (6 noms)

Green Book (5 noms)

Bohemian Rhapsody (5 noms)

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

where is the box office? they could have rented 150 theaters and not shown the movie. give me the BO stats for it to be eligible imo

Ah yes, if there's no box office reported surely no one actually got the chance to see it in theaters then despite multiple people here on this forum doing so on the contrary

Edited by MrPink

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

where is the box office? they could have rented 150 theaters and not shown the movie. give me the BO stats for it to be eligible imo

BOMojo is not the be all and end all! It's up to the distributor to report the box office take. 

Just this weekend, FUNimation did not report the Sunday gross for Dragonball, so that's why it was the only film missing a Sunday gross when the weekend results came in. Does that mean it grossed $0? No

Plenty of movies don't get box office reported. Imagine how much money THE ROOM has grossed by now, but you won't find it on boxofficemojo.

From your claim of Netflix hiring theaters privately... If they actually reported a gross no doubt you would say that's fake news too.

6 minutes ago, RichWS said:

"They don't have grosses for Roma so it shouldn't be in" argument is strange. It's in theaters. I saw it in one. 

Well I didn't see it in a cinema. So I doubt very much that anyone else did.

For that matter, I didn't watch Crazy Rich Asians last year. Highly skeptical of anyone who claims they have seen it.

• Like 1

No nomination for Bradley Cooper in Best Director is a big snub given his support everywhere else (Best Director noms at DGA, Golden Globes, and BAFTA).

With 10 nominations (tied for the most), strong support from the actors branch with two acting nominations, and a very likely Best Director win for Alfonso Cuaron, I think Roma is in the lead to win Best Picture. But of course, with a preferential ballot for Best Picture, you never know.

Peace,

Mike

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

Are you saying I didn't see it in theaters?

I don't know you. everybody lies on the internet....

but seriously, they should have official data, not take what netflix tells them for granted. i wanna see the official numbers

That Best Picture nominee list makes me want to go back to a happier time this Oscar season when both Eighth Grade and First Reformed were gaining momentum.

Green Book getting in over Beale Street shows that Hollywood in general prefers movies about racism focus on biases and understanding one another vs. addressing legitimate systemic issues.

@grim22 yeah, the heat really dropped from First Man. What I will never understand is MPR. For a film that got fine marks (not great, not terrible) I will never understand the prerelease industry heat. I mean even Disney themselves was in on it with the campaigning and early review drop, so you know they had to expect it to be a bigger player all the way around. 

And to the one who mentioned Vice. I dont know, it reminds me of Darkest Hour from last year that hung around on the basis of the acting acclaim. If Vice had opened pre-thanksgiving I think it would still be in the running but maybe not for say Director as that field really shifted over the last month. 

Overall there really isn't anything hugely surprising from the BP field as Beal Street had been on the outs for a while now and the 8 we got were most peoples picks going into the weekend. Outside of Romas double acting noms and Coopers directing miss its pretty much what it has been for the past month. 

Makes me wonder if Bradley Cooper can swing his miss into a BP win last minute ala Argo and Affleck