Eric the IF

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Nolan peaked at Inception and his movies have been increasingly worse ever since.

I don’t think that’s possible because Inception is one of Nolan’s worst (right behind The Prestige and TDKR)

Edited by The Panda
  • ...wtf 1

What would be your reactions if you d wake up one day and there s a NY Time story a la Weinstein/Singer on Nolan ... doomsday scenario ?

How long would your stages of grief last ?

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Just now, The Futurist said:

What would be your reactions if you d wake up one day and there s a NY Time story a la Weinstein/Singer on Nolan ... doomsday scenario ?

This is impossible because we know that Nolan has zero sex drive, based on his films

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

How long would your stages of grief last ?

I knew a woman who was adamant that the psychology of his films revealed who this guy was, ultimately, in terms of his relationships with women...and would love for that shoe to drop. (But some would say, of course, that "she's already made up her mind" -- And just to be clear, she is not a raging feminist, in that sense.)  But I've also met women who enjoy his films as much as dudes and who don't see that...

For me, it's kind of fascinating that both he and Snyder are partnered with their wives as their active producers (i.e. one would think a woman's perspective would be even more emphasized), yet both of their films largely have very problematic things to say about women...

Edited by Macleod

12 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I knew a woman who was adamant that the psychology of his films revealed who this guy was, ultimately, in terms of his relationships with women...and would love for that shoe to drop. (But some would say, of course, that "she's already made up her mind" -- And just to be clear, she is not a raging feminist, in that sense.)  But I've also met women who enjoy his films as much as dudes and who don't see that...

For me, it's kind of fascinating that both he and Snyder are partnered with their wives as their active producers (i.e. one would think a woman's perspective would be even more emphasized), yet both of their films largely have very problematic things to say about women...

Yes, loads of room for improvement in terms of his female characters, but his last two movies I think maybe receive unwarranted attention in this respect. What's so wrong with Murph in Interstellar? And let's not get started on the lack of females on the beach at Dunkirk...

I would love him to do better in that respect, but in a way, I'm used to technical precision and artistry at the expense of deeper characters for the most part with his movies and I don't think that's going to change with any EVENT film...

Something on the scale of The Prestige or Insomnia is what he needs, I reckon... 

13 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I think it's about time for another Nolan film starting with an 

How about...(if the gossip happens to turn out correct)

INDECENT.

eh?

That would get attention.

😁

Indecent Proposal remake. Michael Caine is the billionaire who wants to buy Marion Cotillard and Tom Hardy is very jealous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

Yes, loads of room for improvement in terms of his female characters, but his last two movies I think maybe receive unwarranted attention in this respect. What's so wrong with Murph in Interstellar? And let's not get started on the lack of females on the beach at Dunkirk...

I would love him to do better in that respect, but in a way, I'm used to technical precision and artistry at the expense of deeper characters for the most part with his movies and I don't think that's going to change with any EVENT film...

Something on the scale of The Prestige or Insomnia is what he needs, I reckon... 

I would like to see that. But I guess he wants to take advantage of his youth while he still has it. Takes a lot of energy to deal with bigger scale action projects. And he has one of the biggest movie studios by the balls. So I guess he will take advantage of that automatic IMAX greenlight while he still has the power at WB. 

• Like 1

Interstellar came out post-Oscar for McC, and Rylance did Dunkirk post-Oscar. Will he work with Bale again post-Oscar no. 2? Prestige was their last non-cape film together so it's been a hot minute.

Feel like Gosling is almost guaranteed for the lead in this though...

6 minutes ago, Alli said:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Nolan's harped on too much praise for La La Land and First Man publicly at this point for it to not be Gosling. Also could do wonders with the stoic protagonist with a dead wife role looking at his work in Drive/Blade Runner

Edited by TMP

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Nolan's harped on so much praise on La La Land and First Man publicly at this point for it to not be Gosling. Also could do wonders with the stoic protagonist with a dead wife role looking at his work in Drive/Blade Runner

Even has the flexibility to play stoic protagonist with a dead child role

• Like 1

Just now, TMP said:

Nolan's harped on so much praise on La La Land and First Man publicly at this point for it to not be Gosling. Also could do wonders with the stoic protagonist with a dead wife role looking at his work in Drive/Blade Runner

oh really. didn't know that. i guess it will be him....dammit!

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Nolan's harped on too much praise for La La Land and First Man publicly at this point for it to not be Gosling. Also could do wonders with the stoic protagonist with a dead wife role looking at his work in Drive/Blade Runner

nolan saw him as stoic protagonist with a dead kid in first man and was like "i have one note..."

Edited by CoolioD1