Eric the Fall Guy

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

They just need to pick up the pace a little bit. 

Quarter 4, 2020

OPENING EVENT

The Ribbon will be completed in the fourth quarter of 2020. This 25 storey hotel and serviced apartment development will also deliver a modern new premises for the IMAX theatre.

http://theribbon.com.au/overview

25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Nolan remake of Samson will unquestionably be bigger than Black Panther.

I’d honestly be down for a Nolan biblical epic.

We need a good Hollywood take of the story of Esther.  It’s the only book in the Bible that doesn’t mention God, and it’s about how a Jewish Woman manipulates Xerxes into making her Queen and stops the massacre of the Hebrews.  It also ends with a festival and lots of impalings, all around a great empowering story of a woman playing a bunch of royal men as fools.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2018/11/blind-items-revealed-10-anniversary.html

This well-known gossip blog claimed a year ago that this might have been Nolan's next project...and that Warners was essentially attempting to dangle this carrot in the hopes that he and Bale would also return for another Batman.

Long, but great read, regardless...the names weren't "confirmed" by this source until this past November.

Far-fetched...and since a year has really passed, I doubt it's the case...   I believe the Warners/Batman desperation more than Nolan taking on a project with this theme...but who knows? 

Edited by Macleod

14 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I’d honestly be down for a Nolan biblical epic.

We need a good Hollywood take of the story of Esther.  It’s the only book in the Bible that doesn’t mention God, and it’s about how a Jewish Woman manipulates Xerxes into making her Queen and stops the massacre of the Hebrews.  It also ends with a festival and lots of impalings, all around a great empowering story of a woman playing a bunch of royal men as fools.

About a woman you say? Definitely not a good Nolan fit. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

About a woman you say? Definitely not a good Nolan fit. 

I want Nolan to stretch himself.  There’s also two male leads and a dead wife (well, the story actually implies Xerxes banishes his first wife and doesn’t impale her at the stake, but I’m sure Nolan could take a liberty there)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reddroast said:

I got hot take for all of you: Edgar Wright is a better director than Christopher Nolan. For me film is more about the characters and not the tech behind the camera

Too bad Edgar Wright doesn't know how to handle female characters either. I'd argue he might be even worse than Nolan on that front. 

• Haha 2