Eric the IF

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

3 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Black Widow is both one of the first Avengers and most iconic characters in the MCU. I can honestly see her film deservedly making more than Captain Marvel if they market her film like an event. 

Captain Marvel has a lot of action and space and shit. It looks and seems to work like a blockbuster. The Black Widow movie won't. It is going to be more like The Winter Soldier which made 714 million and even then, The Winter Soldier was more an action film than a thriller.  

Also, I am pretty sure Black Widow is the most forgotten about OG Avenger outside of the Hulk. Hell, I would even say more people care about Scarlet Witch, all the female characters from Black Panther, and even Captain Marvel more than Black Widow.

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Captain Marvel has a lot of action and space and shit. It looks and seems to work like a blockbuster. The Black Widow movie won't. It is going to be more like The Winter Soldier which made 714 million and even then, The Winter Soldier was more an action film than a thriller.  

Also, I am pretty sure Black Widow is the most forgotten about OG Avenger outside of the Hulk. Hell, I would even say more people care about Scarlet Witch, all the female characters from Black Panther, and even Captain Marvel more than Black Widow.

Incorrect. I think you actually forgot about Hawkeye.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Unpopular opinion: I think Black Widow would have made a shit ton of money years ago. When people were asking/clamoring for a Black Widow movie. I think had Marvel actually made the movie then, it would have been an event film. Right now I’m kinda iffy on how it’ll do box office wise though. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nova said:

Unpopular opinion: I think Black Widow would have made a shit ton of money years ago. When people were asking/clamoring for a Black Widow movie. I think had Marvel actually made the movie then, it would have been an event film. Right now I’m kinda iffy on how it’ll do box office wise though. 

Agreed. Still think it would be successful as a medium budget action-spy-thriller, but that movie would have been a natural sequel to Winter Soldier and would have been quite successful, I feel like.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nova said:

Me, on the other hands, thinks that the long wait for what should have been the MCU's first solo female movie will be indirectly responsible for the films success. I think that, if Marvel plays its cards rights and uses the tortuously, frustratingly long journey of the BW film on its way to screens, they can definitely turn it into an event. 

13 minutes ago, Premium George said:

https://deadline.com/2019/01/warner-bros-dates-next-christopher-nolan-movie-the-nirvana-summer-2020-1202542078/

Named The Nirvana.

The Christopher Nolan’s WB event film on July 17, 2020 now have a title. The Nirvana will also be released in Imax. No other details are available about the movie.

ban?

14 minutes ago, Premium George said:

https://deadline.com/2019/01/warner-bros-dates-next-christopher-nolan-movie-the-nirvana-summer-2020-1202542078/

Named The Nirvana.

The Christopher Nolan’s WB event film on July 17, 2020 now have a title. The Nirvana will also be released in Imax. No other details are available about the movie.

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly. Bravo!

4 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

Hot take!

Villeneuve already had BR 2049 as well.

Though I think he will get more limited in the future by the studio(s) - Dune is bound to be a bomb. It will probably be beautiful, quite possibly a good movie, but it won't be a crowd-pleaser. And as much as a studio might value a director, I can't see them continuing to give free reign on 150-200 million budget movies that constantly fail at the box office. 

Agreed. It’s a shame though because we do still need original movies. It seems like studios only trust a select group of filmmakers these days-Nolan, Tarantino, Speilberg etc.

• Like 1