Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

Nolan went full Nolan here and it just is not accessible enough to have legitimate mass appeal. Worth a watch but it is by far his least digestible major film. Pattinson JDW and Debicki are great though.

I watch Christopher Nolan's spectacular films more often without any pleasure. Rather, before, I always started with enthusiasm, which was quickly blown away. It's hard to say what I miss in his films, they are very modern, or rather, millions are felt in them, but most of the time I sleep. Once I went to the cinema to see Interstellar and I remember nothing but the inconvenience of a man who had been immobile for almost three hours. Tenet is quite watchable, especially for those, who is in free search. You can think up a lot and attribute a lot to your own achievements of the mind. Or the director, it's up to you. The plot, contrary to the opinion of many, I do not think is twisted or too smart, it is the same as always. Here is the old combination of absurd and pretentious. No more.

Just finished my 4th viewing, with some close friends this time. Probably won't watch it again in another 10 years (next watch probably on its 10th anniversary rerelease), unless I get the chance to see it in IMAX cinemas earlier.

Also, my friends found the sound mix really annoying. It worked fine for me (I watched it without subtitles) and I honestly love the intensity of the mix, but I guess I finally understand why it doesn't work for most.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Fuck scared snowflake "omg covid is bad omg" America for letting this movie down. Fuck them. You had one job. We did it OS. You could have done it as well.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t get the point of this. Is this just WB hoping to win him back? Why this movie specifically? 

Source article says it was Nolan's idea to put Tenet back in theaters and when he approached WB executives with it they were more than receptive. So it's because Nolan wants it. 

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t get the point of this. Is this just WB hoping to win him back? Why this movie specifically? 

Given the pandemic release and Nolan riding an Oppenheimer high, he probably saw it as the best opportunity for people to see it without restrictions in a dead zone for movie releases.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

I expect this re-release to do quite well tbh, especially if it gets IMAX 70mm (praying that it does)

I know Boston is getting a 70mm print (not IMAX) but that would probably bode well for LA and NYC probably getting 70mm IMAX prints.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Probably just a case of noticing an empty void in IMAX's release and taking advantage of a movie that hasn't been overexposed much and benefits from the format. I don't think there's any "win back Nolan" motive going on here.

• Like 1