MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

1 hour ago, Youngstar said:

I find ViewerAnon absolutely and totally insufferable lmao A total and absolute jackass with absolutely nothing meaningful to say about anything that only gets clout because he goes to test screenings and leaks info. Lowest of the low in terms of internet clout. Why anyone would listen to his opinions about anything is beyond me. 

Edited by 21C
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

He did the same thing for Malignant funny enough. For months he went on about how it was a total disaster and was gonna be hated.

Yeh he really wasn’t in on the joke on Malignant. At all. 

This one is really hard to predict. It feels too late. Wouldn’t be surprised if it loses over half its audience. 

• Like 1

This 20 second teaser has generated more positive buzz online than any of the god awful Flash trailers did (which we all had to hype regardless of what our eyes were seeing bc test screenings). I'm hoping reshoots didn't sand down an initial crazier cut (Wan did cite Planet of the Vampires as an inspo) and he can still deliver the goods.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

What exactly is ViewerAnon’s beef with this movie? He initially said it was testing fine, but ever since the start of the year, he’s been harping on and on about how unspeakably terrible it apparently is. What gives? 

I think he's just being reactive about all the doubting he's been facing, as he was the one who started reporting Aquaman 2 may have problems, on top of everything that happened with The Flash...

I like and trust ViewerAnon a lot. Of course he will have opinions on movies that we don't agree, and of course he'll make predictions that won't come true, that's normal. With Malignant, the reason the movie isn't hated is because it only reached a niche audience. Had it been properly promoted as a major release in normal times, for sure it would have received more backlash. It's too out there and not a typical horror movie, and if I had watched it early I would likely expect it to be rejected by audiences too. I believe in his reports regarding Aquaman 2, there are also other signs the studio isn't confident in it. Of course, that also doesn't mean it can't be well received.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I think he's just being reactive about all the doubting he's been facing, as he was the one who started reporting Aquaman 2 may have problems, on top of everything that happened with The Flash...

I like and trust ViewerAnon a lot. Of course he will have opinions on movies that we don't agree, and of course he'll make predictions that won't come true, that's normal. With Malignant, the reason the movie isn't hated is because it only reached a niche audience. Had it been properly promoted as a major release in normal times, for sure it would have received more backlash. It's too out there and not a typical horror movie, and if I had watched it early I would likely expect it to be rejected by audiences too. I believe in his reports regarding Aquaman 2, there are also other signs the studio isn't confident in it. Of course, that also doesn't mean it can't be well received.

I think the problem here is not the report that it’s not being well received, is how obnoxious he’s getting about the whole thing.

While is easy to forget because the movie was so stable at the box office and grossed 1.1B, the first movie had pretty mediocre reception from both critics and audience in usual metrics. 52 on MetaCritic and B+ on CinemaScore, it was really on the verge of awful. 

So i totally buy that this movie won’t be acclaimed and the audiences won’t give it excellent ratings. It didn’t happen last time as well. 

The problem is that he keeps saying how it’s supposed to be the worst movie ever made and a lot of hyperboles that is getting really weird. 

The fact that he just compare it to WW84 says a lot. He did a similar type of report about that movie being absolutely horrible and surprise: it didn’t have exceptionally terrible reception neither with critics or audiences. It was just the good old mediocre and divisive reception that is completely normal.

Edited by ThomasNicole

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

I think the problem here is not the report that it’s not being well received, is how obnoxious he’s getting about the whole thing.

While is easy to forget because the movie was so stable at the box office and grossed 1.1B, the first movie had pretty mediocre reception from both critics and audience in usual metrics. 52 on MetaCritic and B+ on CinemaScore, it was really on the verge of awful. 

So i totally buy that this movie won’t be acclaimed or the audiences will give it excellent ratings. It didn’t happen last time as well. 

The problem is that he keeps saying how it’s supposed to be the worst movie ever made and a lot of hyperboles that is getting really weird. 

The fact that he just compare it to WW84 says a lot. He did a similar type of report about that movie being absolutely horrible and surprise: it didn’t have exceptionally terrible reception neither with critics or audiences. It was just the good old mediocre and divisive reception that is completely normal.

Yeh, we also had a scooper telling us Wonder Woman (2017) was a complete mess. And we all know how that turned out with an A cinemascore and 4x multiplier level WOM. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

So i totally buy that this movie won’t be acclaimed and the audiences won’t give it excellent ratings. It didn’t happen last time as well. 

The first movie actually had an A- on Cinemascore. 

• Astonished 1