MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

5 hours ago, Eric #RIPKobe said:

MODERATION

Okay, here's how the Amber Heard stuff will be discussed here.

Do: Talk about how the recent leaked audio will impact Aquaman 2's box office or Heard's role as Mera in Aquaman 2 and other future DC projects

Don't: Talk about Heard and Depp's relationship, other people's reactions, the treatment of Heard's audio by the media and "woke" people, anything else that doesn't have to do with Aquaman 2.

If you do want to talk about the stuff in the "DON'T" section, we have a thread in The Real World dedicated to this. Anyone who breaks these rules will be given warning points or even thread bans. Thank you!

Why was my post deleted? Her relationship with Depp and what she did to him has everything to do with how she's being perceived and will likely hurt the sequel's PR. Please do not be condescending by implying people who criticize her are attacking woke people. 

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 2

Amber Heard legit got roles left and right, gained the world's sympathy, and became a human rights ambassador knowing she was by far the biggest hypocrite in the world and that she committed intense abuse against Depp. 

Look at the press surrounding Aquaman and Grindelwald. Grindelwald was plagued from the very start because of Depp and Rowling caught an immense ton of flack for defending Depp because of her saying she believes him wholeheartedly (many suspected she said this after Depp showed her some evidence). It's not fair that Depp, Rowling, and Fantastic Beasts were intensely attacked and received shit tons of negative criticisms due to this scandal. 

I'm sorry...I'm not for cancel culture, but Heard has been extremely damaging first and foremost to every single woman abused. She has now made it again harder for female victims to feel more comfortable as many people will unfortunately use this incident as a crux as to why women should never be believed. She should be fired....and I find it strange major news outlets are largely silent on this aside from a few. 

This will blow up in the face of Aquaman 2...and it's going to be even worse for her than it was for Depp. Deservedly so. I suspect, just like Depp, she will be largely shunned from interviews and events.

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

I haven't read any of the news stories and have no desire to, but the faux-outrage I am seeing online I don't think is enough to remove her from the movie. I would love for her to not be in this film but doubt it will happen.

6 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Personally, I’d prefer if they just not include Mera in the sequel at all. Maybe use the animated midquel as a way of writing the character out of the story. 

The romance between Aquaman and Mera was a big part of Aquaman's success (espescially in China from what I heard) and I really don't think they are going to want to shy away from that in the next movie. 

• Like 1

Yeah if Heml

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

The same thing as Josh Brolin and Jeremy Renner is going to happen to her, which is nothing. Don't mind if she is switched with another actress though. Blake Lively is actually a pretty good replcement imo (I also want her to get some big roles).

None of those two had video evidence and neither of those played the victim, put all the blame on the other person, and then became a domestic violence “ambassador”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Moderation:

Please go back and read Eric’s rec’d post. Talk of how Amber Head might affect AM2’s box office is okay. Talk of Depp, or her private relationship with Depp, is not. 

7 hours ago, Noctis said:

Why was my post deleted? Her relationship with Depp and what she did to him has everything to do with how she's being perceived and will likely hurt the sequel's PR. Please do not be condescending by implying people who criticize her are attacking woke people. 

I didn't delete your post.

11 hours ago, jking123 said:

heard isn't that great an actress. Recast with Blake lively or something. Dont think WB cares either way. 

Heck, I'd recast with Emelia Clarke. Both she and Jason already have great chemistry and love working with eachother, so why not????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

59 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Heck, I'd recast with Emelia Clarke. Both she and Jason already have great chemistry and love working with eachother, so why not????

Do it, she's 6 inches shorter than Amber.

Arthur looks at Emilia!Mera: "You shrunk"

Mera: "Must be the gravity up here."

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 2

7 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Since Cap said it, I don't think Heard's involvement in the movie is going to hurt Aquaman 2. It's still two years+ away.

It's not called Mera 2. It's called Aquaman 2!!!

That said, they can probably introduce Dolphin.

nah fuck that just recast dont write out the character.

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

18 hours ago, Warhorse said:

If that happens I’m creatin an “Aquaman 2 over 1.5B” club...GOT fans would go nuts...plus, nobody would care to suddenly see Emilia in the role...

that being said, media silence on this probably means she keeps her role...

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 1