Eric Duncan

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

Just now, DAR said:

I’m not going to spray the potential hornets nest.  But I know what third act of a recent blockbuster made a lasting impact on me

Blade Runner 2049?

Just now, DAR said:

I’m not going to spray the potential hornets nest.  But I know what third act of a recent blockbuster made a lasting impact on me

Not the Porgs thread.

6 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Spider-Verse will likely become the most universally loved superhero anything since TDK

in time i think it's gonna prove to be the most influential superhero movie of the decade for sure. filmmakers in live action and animation and artists are gonna be copying that movies aesthetic for years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I would say the most iconic shots in Comic Book films this decade is (no Order)

Avengers Circle Shot

Cap vs Iron Man Civil War Fight

No Mans Land Wonder Women

Super Sayian Thor in Avengers Infinity Wars

What do you guys think? 

Swap out Cap v Iron Man fight for Carol Doing Her Thing In The Third Act and that list is pretty much legit. 

I would take the Cap and Iron Man fight out due to its iconic shot is iconic because it recreates that comic book panel to a t.  So that is cool and all, but that is nothing compared to the moment when you realize: OH SO THIS IS HOW Carol is gonna singlehandedly pulverize Thanos. 😍😍😍😍

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

25 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I would say the most iconic shots in Comic Book films this decade is (no Order)

Avengers Circle Shot

Cap vs Iron Man Civil War Fight

No Mans Land Wonder Women

Super Sayian Thor in Avengers Infinity Wars

What do you guys think? 

You forgot one

DygZlrfX4AAxm-b.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

in time i think it's gonna prove to be the most influential superhero movie of the decade for sure. filmmakers in live action and animation and artists are gonna be copying that movies aesthetic for years.

If more films adopt the aesthetic of Spiderverse then I will quit watching films for the rest of my life.

Just now, Avatree said:

If more films adopt the aesthetic of Spiderverse then I will quit watching films for the rest of my life.

another positive influence spider-verse would have on the world.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

It's going to happen. People in film, especially animation, went ape for it. And, filmgoers went pretty nuts for it too. Hell, even the Oscars tossed it an award over a widely adored, hugely successful Pixar flick.