Eric Duncan

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

What record did it break?

Highest grossing opening for a film with action/sci-fi film with a female lead which opened on the 1st friday of the 3rd month on a night where the red moon is over Wyoming.

I'm a record breaker too by the way. Most posts by someone with both Iron and Jimbo in their name.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

I just realised:

CM might open over IHULK's finals.

In both categories, dom and ww

IHULK dom:

20 The Incredible Hulk Uni. $134,806,913 3,508 $55,414,050 3,505 6/13/08

IHULK ww

20 The Incredible Hulk Uni. $263.4 $134.8 51.2% $128.6 48.8% 2008

Bit unfair since TIH adjusts to 170M total gross ;)

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

That's misleading :offtopic:

5 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I mean... all films box office is recorded....

I am not saying it's a great choice of words, especially in regards to a huge box office weekend, lol.

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Very early number, $54mn Saturday.

Ps. Since I know how film played on Friday, I am not that conservative. So consider that.

I think thats the earliest Sat estimate in BOT history.

• Astonished 2

19 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

What record did it break?

forget to fill in:

he writes also about ww results

ww it does break records, take a look into the International thread

14 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I think it's fair to compare. Favreau doesn't really have a style...

I don't care if the director... its about those movies are pretty different. it was said they are all the same in a way. To compare under a handful with the early movies sounds logical to me. Not logical to me is to compare it to an impression of the sum (and a bit too much only looking at te sum in my POV)

A director having his/her on style usually good. But usually not happening over-night. And sometimes even limiting, depends a lot on the project. 

Edited by terrestrial

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The box office is officially alive again between Dragon 3, Captain Marvel, and the upcoming back-to-back-to-back punch of Us, Dumbo, and Shazam.

The past couple of weeks and the next few is looking to be very similar to Spring 2015, where Cinderella, Insurgent, Home, and Furious 7 all opened above $50M back to back (although Captain Marvel is obviously in the middle instead of the end like Furious)

Captain Marvel should enjoy a relatively solid hold next weekend too with a weekend in the $60-65M area at least given that nothing's really opening (both Wonder Park and Five Feet Apart feel like mid-teens openers at best and Captive State is destined to make pennies).