Eric the Ape

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Mcu does have a villain problem..

However if that allowed us to get thanos..

It was worth it...

Its crazy how famous and well liked thanos became as a villain.

#Thanosdidnothingwrong 

29 minutes ago, Nero said:

Lex luthor (Jesse Einsenberg) is best villain in DCEU and Jared Leto's joker is best joker of all time surpassing Heath ledgers joker :ph34r:

A lot of people think Lex in BVS was a great villain, myself included.

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Everybody must have skipped the Alita challenge.

I would've figured that the whole "Alita challenge" thing would've given the film a little more publicity. But yeah, with Captain Marvel holding the majority of the screens, it's really no wonder it's fallen as much as it has. After that drop from Wednesday to Thursday, though, it's a blessing that Alita was able to manage even this much of a Friday estimate. At the very least, Alita is able to maintain a PTA above Lego Movie 2 in a smaller amount of theaters, despite both films seemingly having the same $800K Friday estimate.

Just got out of Captain Marvel. I really liked it. There were some flaws like the script and direction but when the movie works it really works. Brie Larson grew on me throughout the movie as Captain Marvel but there was still something about off but the more I think about it the more I think that it was the script holding her back. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I would've figured that the whole "Alita challenge" thing would've given the film a little more publicity. But yeah, with Captain Marvel holding the majority of the screens, it's really no wonder it's fallen as much as it has. After that drop from Wednesday to Thursday, though, it's a blessing that Alita was able to manage even this much of a Friday estimate. At the very least, Alita is able to maintain a PTA above Lego Movie 2 in a smaller amount of theaters, despite both films seemingly having the same $800K Friday estimate.

You are such a nice person but my post was entirely mocking that challenge. It was never real. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Please tell us more jokes.

1) A villain that is so bad or evil that you hate him is a good villain.

2) A complicated complex mind-twisted villain is a good villain

3) A villain that is superpowerful and badass is a good villain

Ego is a megaloblastic celestial body (Planet) that morphed to a android body and went across galaxies to cross-breed with many species, then killed the only one he loved, then had sleep problem that needed a mantis to put him to sleep, was all three above.

Therefore Ego is a good villain.

• Like 2