Eric Lasagna

US WEEKEND THREAD: Record 70.25 OW (highest grossing OW for an original horror)

BOT

Napoleon: Zach Snyder is the greatest director of our time who has been misunderstood and unfairly criticized for his brilliant master pieces within the DCEU. 50 years from now BvS will be seen as the masterpiece that it is.....

Like it amazes me how Zach Snyder gets brought up in literally every single thread that has literally nothing to do with him. 

• Haha 10

8.5-9 million dollars for Captain Marvel? Ugh. So I guess 28-31 million might be where the film ends up landing. It's going to make less than Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol.2 did in its 3rd Weekend. Disney should have released a Endgame TV Spot which included Captain Marvel. Oh well, at least it's killing it overseas. 

2 minutes ago, ShyGeek said:

8.5-9 million dollars for Captain Marvel? Ugh. So I guess 28-31 million might be where the film ends up landing. It's going to make less than Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol.2 did in its 3rd Weekend. Disney should have released a Endgame TV Spot which included Captain Marvel. Oh well, at least it's killing it overseas. 

omg  A TV SPOT WOULDNT HELP cant you think ?

3 minutes ago, ShyGeek said:

Using last weekend's increases, 9 million would get it to around 32 million for the weekend. And it's quite possible it has a better weekend multiplier this weekend as less schools were out this Friday than last Friday (Deadline claims last Friday was the peak for this month).

Plus, these are super early numbers. Can still go up....

This is so great for Us. Can’t wait to see it.

Deadline’s numbers are off for Captain Marvel. I don’t see how 8.5-9 million only gets it to 31.7. Plus, they wrote that she should just make it passed 294 million today. She has at least 286.4 as of today. Now, I am no math wiz; but let’s say they are right and she gets to 294.2 today, then 294.2 - 286.4 equals 7.8. If the estimate is 8.5 - 9, then CM will be at or above 295 at the end of today. 

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

7.4M

20.6M (28M Fri.)

27M

17.3M

72.3M OW.  Would be a great opening.  Let's see if these numbers can go up.

optimistic AQP legs gives 72.3*3.745 = 270M, so close yet so far from a certain club ;)

Great for "Us".  Really enjoyed the movie so Jordan is 2/2 for me.   Jordan doesn't need a "Blockbuster" or Superhero movie.  He's perfectly fine directing low budget original concepts and making them Blockbusters.  I'd rather he continue doing that.   We have enough Reboots, Sequels or "Re-imaginings" from directors.  We need more original storytellers, more risk taking story wise like in the 70's and 80's.  

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

Off Topic question, but I'm a relative newbie here. 
How did the site get my profile pic when I didn't upload it myself?? 😶
It's a little disconcerting 

Did you sign up using Facebook or Twitter? I forget if that’s an option as I registered over 3 years ago but if it is, sometimes the profile pic just transfers over. OR did the site give you a random profile pic? 

You should be able to change it though within your account settings 

Edited by Nova
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, john2000 said:

omg  A TV SPOT WOULDNT HELP cant you think ?

The 2nd trailer did help Captain Marvel to trend on social media when it came out, boosting the public's awareness on the character. A part of the film's success is based on the association with Endgame so the more the PR brings her up, the more interest it builds. So it does help. Many who went to see the film went because they think she is going to defeat Thanos so they want to know who she is. 

14 minutes ago, Nova said:

BOT

Napoleon: Zach Snyder is the greatest director of our time who has been misunderstood and unfairly criticized for his brilliant master pieces within the DCEU. 50 years from now BvS will be seen as the masterpiece that it is.....

Like it amazes me how Zach Snyder gets brought up in literally every single thread that has literally nothing to do with him. 

I like Zack Snyder's stuff a lot personally ((including MoS and BvS)) and man oh man has Napoleon nearly turned me off of his works being brought up on here entirely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShyGeek said:

The 2nd trailer did help Captain Marvel to trend on social media when it came out, boosting the public's awareness on the character. A part of the film's success is based on the association with Endgame so the more the PR brings her up, the more interest it builds. So it does help. Many who went to see the film went because they think she is going to defeat Thanos so they want to know who she is. 

you really think that the trailer helped that much ? lol

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, it seems that US might get a good CinemaScore, based on deadline's reports ( Current definite recommend is 58%). Is that good?

A Quiet Place had a 60% and ended up with a B+ Cinemascore while Glass had a 47% and ended up with a B Cinemascore. 

Edited by PenguinHyphy
  • Like 1