CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

“It was very intimidating,” said Mikkelsen. “Obviously, well, now the course has changed—he won the suit, the court [case]—so let’s see if he comes back. He might. I’m a big fan of Johnny. I think he’s an amazing actor, I think he did a fantastic job. Having said that, I could not copy it. There’s there was no way I could just copy it, because it’s so much him. It would be creative suicide. So, we had to come up with something else, something that was mine, and build a bridge between him and me. So, yes, it was intimidating. His fans were very, very sweet, but they were also very stubborn. I didn’t interact too much with them, but I could understand why they had their hearts broken.”

10 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Are we still going to get sequels? 😥

Further films or TV shows about the Wizarding World yes.

But about this specific storyline; unlikely given  that the last one was a major box office dissapointment for Warners, probably not.

Edited by dudalb
  • Sad 1

Just give Jamie Cambell Bower a Gridnewald show. He blew up with Stranger Things so is a hot commodity now. WB was stupid not to use him before cause fans were super for it  but the studio wanted Eddie Redcarpet lmao what a flop! 

If this was Marvel they'd make this show and more in no time given they greenlight literally anything that gets a meme traction (Korg, Agatha, Captain Carter, etc).

Edited by Valonqar

Personally, I never wanted Grindelwald in this series at all. I'm really tired of Nazi villains, allegories, or anything vaguely similar in stories these days. I think future content within the wizarding world needs to involve different types of villains/antagonist than just the same old big bad dark wizards.

Of course that would require involving writers who actually want to take things in different directions, which I pray happens sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, clockwork said:

Personally, I never wanted Grindelwald in this series at all. I'm really tired of Nazi villains, allegories, or anything vaguely similar in stories these days. I think future content within the wizarding world needs to involve different types of villains/antagonist than just the same old big bad dark wizards.

Of course that would require involving writers who actually want to take things in different directions, which I pray happens sooner rather than later.

A sort of allegorical Nazi Villian in a fllm set in the 1930's sort of was a WTF anyway.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

A sort of allegorical Nazi Villian in a fllm set in the 1930's sort of was a WTF anyway.

Not really, with the books establishing Harry Potter being set in our world, I guess JKR felt the need to explain why European wizards didn't stop the Holocaust. She doesn't cone out and say, "They had their hands full with Wizard Hitler," but the parallels seem pretty intentional, even the prison Grindelwald ended up in has a name not far off from Nuremberg. The first rise of Voldemort roughly coincides with The Troubles, etc. Sure, the movies could have done their own thing, but with JKR writing the scripts you were  only ever going to get pretty unsubtle allegories to world events. 

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

11 hours ago, dudalb said:

Further films or TV shows about the Wizarding World yes.

But about this specific storyline; unlikely given  that the last one was a major box office dissapointment for Warners, probably not.

It's just disappointing because the battle between Dumbledore and Grindlewald is actually the one we have been waiting for.

11 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Just give Jamie Cambell Bower a Gridnewald show. He blew up with Stranger Things so is a hot commodity now. WB was stupid not to use him before cause fans were super for it  but the studio wanted Eddie Redcarpet lmao what a flop! 

If this was Marvel they'd make this show and more in no time given they greenlight literally anything that gets a meme traction (Korg, Agatha, Captain Carter, etc).

If this were Disney we'd have had 3 tv seasons starring the hogwarts janitor by now.

• Haha 1