TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

15 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

It’s a disappointment because it had potential do to more. Is that hard to understand? 

That’s solely your opinion. Stop touting it as fact. 

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Sounds like your expectations are to blame, not the movie.

Exactly 

12 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

imo 21 18.5 14

since China is going to be around 30mn, international weekend may be around 110-120mn range only. 

Over/under 175mn ww we. 🙄😛

Don’t our number providers usually remain objective? 

10 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Oops, I forgot to add to my post that I'm talking about well reviewed Horror movies, you can't expect a movie like Prodigy to break out, it's restrict to the genre. Why? 

I consider breakout for a Horror movie a total over $80m, and I say that it cross over with GA when it crosses $100m, PS isn't looking like it will reach neither of them. Just your own opinion again. Careful not to proclaim them like they’re any kind of fact.  

1 minute ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Check the pre-sales topic and come here after this.

There was one day worth this week. It didn’t indicate anything. Check then come back. 

Shooting all these inaccuracies straight down is tiring, phew. 

Edited by Krissykins

Runtimes w/out credits and attachments for next week:

Hellboy: 1:48. Attachments are John Wick and Anna (Trailer debut)

Little: 1:43. Attachments are A Dog's Journey and Yesterday

No clue about After or Missing Link just yet

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Runtimes w/out credits and attachments for next week:

Hellboy: 1:48. Attachments are John Wick and Anna (Trailer debut)

Little: 1:43. Attachments are A Dog's Journey and Yesterday

No clue about After or Missing Link just yet

LMAO i totally forgot Hellboy was coming out next weekend lol

Edited by Brainbug

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

There was one day worth this week. It didn’t indicate anything. Check then come back. 

Shooting all these inaccuracies straight down is tiring, phew. 

It outpaced AQP & The Nun, both movies opened at $50m+, and do you think it’s normal if it opens with HALF of these numbers? It’s quite obvious that it’s playing to SK fanbase only.

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

LMAO i totally forgot Hellboy was coming out next weekend lol

it might not even have an RT score until like midday Friday since there's no critic screenings

• Haha 2

Just now, Brainbug said:

Is it only me or is it hilarious that another Hellboy movie got an release date right before a super-hyped CBM? Its like it was moved there to die.

It's just tradition at this point. Hellboy 2 was sandwiched between Hancock & The Dark Knight, the reboot's sandwiched between Shazam! and Endgame

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

It outpaced AQP & The Nun, both movies opened at $50m+, and do you think it’s normal if it opens with HALF of these numbers? It’s quite obvious that it’s playing to SK fanbase only.

As I stated in the Buzz & Tracking threa, it wasn't outpacing them this week though and that's when the majority of a Horror film does it's pre-sales.  It a very heavy late buying walk up genre.

Yesterday it did about 9k on Pulse. 

Glass - 17.9k on Thur with 3.7m previews

The Nun: 28.8k on Thur

AQP - did 10.665k on a Wednesday

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

It's just tradition at this point. Hellboy 2 was sandwiched between Hancock & The Dark Knight, the reboot's sandwiched between Shazam! and Endgame

Of course this time, the reboot's inevitable bombing won't be depressing.

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Is it only me or is it hilarious that another Hellboy movie got an release date right before a super-hyped CBM? Its like it was moved there to die.

Studios hate poor Hellboy

When they first gave it the date I couldn't believe it was going to get so screwed again.  When X-Men moved out of Feb they should have moved it there.  It was a no brainer.  Shazam! would have benefited from the move as well.  It's as if everyone did a blank on DP and BP's performances in that spot.

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Of course this time, the reboot's inevitable bombing won't be depressing.

Avi Lerner is gonna feel really bad about that "pay or play" deal he did for Singer's Red Sonja when his superhero film bombs. Good.