google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

Recommended Posts

Shazam without the early screenings would have had a bigger thursday preview as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

 

I’m talking about Horror movies only. :) 

You're obsessed with horror movies aren't ya? 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

 

It’s a disappointment because it had potential do to more. Is that hard to understand? 

That’s solely your opinion. Stop touting it as fact. 

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Sounds like your expectations are to blame, not the movie.

Exactly 

12 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

imo 21 18.5 14

 

since China is going to be around 30mn, international weekend may be around 110-120mn range only. 

 

Over/under 175mn ww we. 🙄😛

Don’t our number providers usually remain objective? 

10 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

 

Oops, I forgot to add to my post that I'm talking about well reviewed Horror movies, you can't expect a movie like Prodigy to break out, it's restrict to the genre. Why? 

 

I consider breakout for a Horror movie a total over $80m, and I say that it cross over with GA when it crosses $100m, PS isn't looking like it will reach neither of them. Just your own opinion again. Careful not to proclaim them like they’re any kind of fact.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Not really, presales pointed that it would at very least open above $30m

Again, incorrect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

 

Check the pre-sales topic and come here after this.

There was one day worth this week. It didn’t indicate anything. Check then come back. 

 

Shooting all these inaccuracies straight down is tiring, phew. 

Edited by Krissykins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Runtimes w/out credits and attachments for next week:

Hellboy: 1:48. Attachments are John Wick and Anna (Trailer debut)

Little: 1:43. Attachments are A Dog's Journey and Yesterday

 

No clue about After or Missing Link just yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Runtimes w/out credits and attachments for next week:

Hellboy: 1:48. Attachments are John Wick and Anna (Trailer debut)

Little: 1:43. Attachments are A Dog's Journey and Yesterday

 

No clue about After or Missing Link just yet

 

LMAO i totally forgot Hellboy was coming out next weekend lol

Edited by Brainbug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

There was one day worth this week. It didn’t indicate anything. Check then come back. 

 

Shooting all these inaccuracies straight down is tiring, phew. 

It outpaced AQP & The Nun, both movies opened at $50m+, and do you think it’s normal if it opens with HALF of these numbers? It’s quite obvious that it’s playing to SK fanbase only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brainbug said:

 

LMAO i totally forgot Hellboy was coming out next weekend lol

Apparently it's not going to be screened for critics. Even Lionsgate knows they have a dud on their hands.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

 

LMAO i totally forgot Hellboy was coming out next weekend lol

it might not even have an RT score until like midday Friday since there's no critic screenings

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it only me or is it hilarious that another Hellboy movie got an release date right before a super-hyped CBM? Its like it was moved there to die.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brainbug said:

Is it only me or is it hilarious that another Hellboy movie got an release date right before a super-hyped CBM? Its like it was moved there to die.

It's just tradition at this point. Hellboy 2 was sandwiched between Hancock & The Dark Knight, the reboot's sandwiched between Shazam! and Endgame

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I see Shazam will be pulling off a Skull Island. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

It outpaced AQP & The Nun, both movies opened at $50m+, and do you think it’s normal if it opens with HALF of these numbers? It’s quite obvious that it’s playing to SK fanbase only.

As I stated in the Buzz & Tracking threa, it wasn't outpacing them this week though and that's when the majority of a Horror film does it's pre-sales.  It a very heavy late buying walk up genre.

 

Yesterday it did about 9k on Pulse. 

 

Glass - 17.9k on Thur with 3.7m previews

The Nun: 28.8k on Thur

AQP - did 10.665k on a Wednesday

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TMP said:

It's just tradition at this point. Hellboy 2 was sandwiched between Hancock & The Dark Knight, the reboot's sandwiched between Shazam! and Endgame

 

Of course this time, the reboot's inevitable bombing won't be depressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Is it only me or is it hilarious that another Hellboy movie got an release date right before a super-hyped CBM? Its like it was moved there to die.

Studios hate poor Hellboy

 

When they first gave it the date I couldn't believe it was going to get so screwed again.  When X-Men moved out of Feb they should have moved it there.  It was a no brainer.  Shazam! would have benefited from the move as well.  It's as if everyone did a blank on DP and BP's performances in that spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Of course this time, the reboot's inevitable bombing won't be depressing.

Avi Lerner is gonna feel really bad about that "pay or play" deal he did for Singer's Red Sonja when his superhero film bombs. Good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shazam is  apparently bad bombing oversea so it will need all the help it can t domestically 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.