TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

13 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

As I stated in the Buzz & Tracking threa, it wasn't outpacing them this week though and that's when the majority of a Horror film does it's pre-sales.  It a very heavy late buying walk up genre.

Yesterday it did about 9k on Pulse. 

Glass - 17.9k on Thur with 3.7m previews

The Nun: 28.8k on Thur

AQP - did 10.665k on a Wednesday

And still managed to beat their total because it accumulated better pre-sales before the release week.... It's always easier to increase fast when you starts with a lower basis.

If they were going to produce a Hellboy movie that loses money, they might as well have just let del Toro finish his trilogy.

Now, he probably would never actually make the movie considering his busy schedule, but even no movie is better for them than a movie that loses money.

16 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

As I stated in the Buzz & Tracking threa, it wasn't outpacing them this week though and that's when the majority of a Horror film does it's pre-sales.  It a very heavy late buying walk up genre.

Yesterday it did about 9k on Pulse. 

Glass - 17.9k on Thur with 3.7m previews

The Nun: 28.8k on Thur

AQP - did 10.665k on a Wednesday

Thank you, lol.

Hellboy looks like it was made only for the 27 people who like him 

Just now, TalismanRing said:

I really liked the first two Hellboys

This Hellboy was not made for me.  :sadno:

Hellboy 3 ... a long time ago i really thought we would get it someday :(

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

And still managed to beat their total because it accumulated better pre-sales before the release week.... It's always easier to increase fast when you starts with a lower basis.

If it actually beat their total it's Preview numbers would have been much higher.  Horror is a late breaking genre

14 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Shazam is  apparently bad bombing oversea so it will need all the help it can t domestically 

Always had my doubts the tone wouldn't translate well overseas.

So... 40 OS-C, 40 China, 50 domestic as an OW for Shazam? Haven't been able to go through all the details... If so, 300 WW should be the target. Ouch. Not a disaster, given the budget, but still... Would have hoped for Ant Man numbers - though if it develops good domestic legs, the studio's revenue retention compared to other markets might mitigate the OS results... 

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

It's dumb as hell they didn't just give us a Hellboy 3 to finish out what could've been the best CBM trilogy of all time.

Meh. Wouldn't say best, but it would be among the top ones and definitely occupy a unique spot. 

It's very baffling. You have an Oscar-winning director, just give him the money and time to finish it off. This reboot does nothing but further bury the character and reduce chances of him making it back on screen in the near future... 

1 minute ago, TMP said:

I'll do you one better: single digit opening.

I could see that too. It reminds me of The Girl in the Spider's Web (another too little too late project) somewhat.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, SpiderByte said:

Wait, how badly is Shazam doing? I figured it wouldn't do that big (it's not every blockbustery compared to say, Aquaman or even Deadpool) but to hear it's bombing is disappointing.

$55-60M opening for an $80M budget movie is hardly bombing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Wait, how badly is Shazam doing? I figured it wouldn't do that big (it's not every blockbustery compared to say, Aquaman or even Deadpool) but to hear it's bombing is disappointing.

Seems to be doing fine DOM. Budget is pretty small for a superhero flick, no?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

$55-60M opening for an $80M budget movie is hardly bombing.

Maybe he misunderstood with a remark made about the OS markets.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Thanks 2