cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

28 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I know it's unfair cause Black Panther 2 basically sucked all the air out of the room, but relatively speaking, how is the trailer doing? 

The trailer upload with the most likes has 164K. By comparison, Dungeons and Dragons has 110K.

Just now, Eric the Superdog said:

The trailer upload with the most likes has 164K. By comparison, Dungeons and Dragons has 110K.

Not to sound like I’m jumping in to defend this but WB does this dumb thing where they release the trailer on the WB and DC channel at the same time, so the two channels take traffic away from each other. They both came out at the same time on those two channels so like the black adam one I think you’d have to combine the two for actual numbers. 

• Like 2

On 7/24/2022 at 6:51 AM, RRA said:

Last movie was my favorite DCEU film and this looks to be more of the same with Mirren looking like she's in camp mode which I'm down for (1st movie should've been a bigger hit but yanno squeezed between Marvel joints, DC fans alienated by a movie aimed at children which reminds them most of these characters originally were created for kids, OS markets not going for the humor, etc.) 

It's odd how we saw nothing from Aquaman 2 or Flash (the former being MIA at the panel is surprising, the latter wasn't) considering both showed up in this trailer. 

If we ever get another justice league movie, Levy will be a fun presence within that ensemble. 

I guess they wanted to focus on Black Adam and SHazam, they have plenty of time to sell Aquaman 2.

And you will not anthing about FLash until they see what happens with the Miller saga.

3 hours ago, cax16 said:

I don’t think any really follows this stuff as closely as the marvel ones.

The only info I have is the trailer released on the WB/dc channel at the same time and has 11m views and 300k likes. So nothing special really. I didn’t look at other social media numbers, I imagine it’s not very high. 

I've been following it, but just haven't really bothered with posting anything, because the numbers are just bleh. The combined likes on the main channels are likely to miss the first one's 485k likes on the WB channel, which isn't great.

I'll give it a mulligan since WF and other MCU announcements really overshadowed it, but definitely hoping that trailer 2 outperforms Shazam trailer 2. One thing this does have going for it is Christmas, if the movie is well-received, the season can make up for a lack of hype. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I've been following it, but just haven't really bothered with posting anything, because the numbers are just bleh. The combined likes on the main channels are likely to miss the first one's 485k likes on the WB channel, which isn't great.

I'll give it a mulligan since WF and other MCU announcements really overshadowed it, but definitely hoping that trailer 2 outperforms Shazam trailer 2. One thing this does have going for it is Christmas, if the movie is well-received, the season can make up for a lack of hype. 

Ya, it’s been weird but the trailer on the WB page today has gone up nearly a million views since this afternoon. But the likes don’t seem to be going up much. I can’t imagine people don’t like the trailer as it was pretty good imo but who knows. Marvel stuff definitely overshadowed this at night but the Superman conversation overshadowed this in the day when the trailer released, frustrating that happened but what can you do.

Super disappointed the trailer isn’t performing better cause I really loved the first movie and was hoping this could get a decent increase. Hopefully the Xmas date helps and it doesn’t get to overshadowed by Avatar and can play as some counter programming. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

I definitely think they should've held back the trailer from the public until this week at the earliest, because it's getting absolutely smothered by all the Marvel stuff. And they probably would have if what @grim22 said in the Superman reboot thread is true. But alas, the first film was sandwiched between Captain Marvel and Endgame so I guess it's destiny for this IP to be bodied by Marvel. I just hope this one plays out more like Sherlock Holmes than Matrix Resurrections.

Shazam 1 was like 170 adjusted or so? I’d certainly hope this can get to 200M over xmas if it’s well received.  

Then again Spiderverse had much less competition, also xmas, better reception than is reasonable to hope, and barely adjusts over 200M so who knows.

Trailers views are ok but nothing amazing. Like I said people are over predicting this one. First one got a decent response but didn’t blow anyone away and the sequel is coming out nearly 4 years later with the character not having appeared in anything during that time 

5 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

4 years is a standard sequel timeframe. You're brainwashed by Marvel.

In Marvel movies, characters appearing in the team up movies helped their solo films do better, which hasn’t happened with Shazam. Also like is said the first wasn’t some beloved movie either 

5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

There's quite a bit of family fare dropping around X-Mas this year too. Avatar 2 is going to be the 4 quadrant monster, I could see Black Panther 2 still kicking around by then as well. 

SH and Alvin&The Chipmunks¿3? did $200M+ against the first Avatar.

11 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

There's quite a bit of family fare dropping around X-Mas this year too. Avatar 2 is going to be the 4 quadrant monster, I could see Black Panther 2 still kicking around by then as well. 

And Puss in Boots - that has been on every kid summer movie at Regal/Cinemark this summer, with Cinemark giving the trailer twice each time (at the beginning and end)...I could quote it at this point!

Asher Angel:

How does it feel to be back for the sequel?

Asher Angel: It feels incredible. People have been waiting for this movie. It's bigger, it's better, and there's more action-packed scenes. It's literally everything you want in a superhero movie. There's so much heart, and there's so much fun. It's such a fun movie, so I think come summertime, people are really going to be excited to see it. Get ready.

What's changed for you? Where do we find you at the beginning of the movie?

Asher Angel: When you find Billy, he's living the great life. He's been with his family for quite some time now. But I think something that's a little worrisome to him is the future. He doesn't know what's gonna happen when he's 18. He doesn't know if he has to leave the foster home, so I think the unknown of what the future looks like is definitely scary.

His main focus is just doing everything together as a family, because he's living the life he's always wanted and more. He's afraid that if that comes to an end, then what's next?

How is he navigating having the family as part of the team?

Asher Angel: He's all for it. No, he's all for it. He loves it. It's just that relationships are changing. The kids are interested in other things, and he's kind of like the middle person that's trying to navigate all of it and keep everyone invested and doing this together.

Why are the gods so furious?

Asher Angel: That is a good question. I really can't tell you. The wizard is up there, and he's all for Shazam, I guess. Gave me superpowers, I don't know why. People are mad, and they're just jealous. He's jealous. Everyone's jealous. That's all.

Jack Dylan Grazer:

You got the powers that you've always wanted, we saw that at the end of Shazam. What's your deal this movie?What's your struggle?

Jack Dylan Grazer: It might be one of the final years of high school, and there's the internal battle of teenage pubescent hormone growth and the strangulation of all those feelings. And also having to bury down this superhero identity at 16 or something; there's a battle there. I want to show it off.

I want to not be a loser; I want to show people that I am a superhero, and not just a kid with a crutch or a walking joke. There's that struggle, but Freddy is still the same mischief maker that he's always gonna be.

Do you think Freddy knows Superman at this point? What happened during that conversation?

Jack Dylan Grazer: I think it's one of those things where, like, I can say that I know The Rock because I just met him. It's like that. It's that exact dynamic. I just met The Rock for the first time - super sick. He's one of my favorite wrestlers. I grew up loving WWE or WWF and all that stuff. He was my favorite.

Why are the gods so furious?

Jack Dylan Grazer: Because Helen Mirren is jealous of my body and my looks. And also because we have something that they don't. My love handles!

David F. Sandberg:

We have our villainesses, Helen and Lucy. What was it like bringing them into this cast?

David F. Sandberg: I mean, it's a dream come true, first of all. I've been watching movies with Lucy and Helen, and now I get to work with them - which is just amazing. They're just the best. When we had these three parts, we were like, "Let's try and get the biggest and best actresses we can." And we were able to, because they said yes. It's amazing.

Do we know who Rachel Zegler is playing?

David F. Sandberg: Kind of. We had to give away that she has powers as well; that she's a goddess. But there's still some twists and turns with her character that we're saving for the movie.