cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

I didn't really like this trailer. Not only does it show the entire movie, but it also looks like they sucked out all the wholesome humour that made the first Shazam so special to me. The villains continue to be a major downgrade from the first film as well. Mister Mind was right there, and they were clearly building him up for this movie, only to go with generic god characters. The worst part is that the pending franchise reboot will ensure we won't get to the cooler Shazam lore like the aforementioned Mind for at least another decade. And they killed off Black Adam as an IP by wasting it on a generic Rock vehicle, so he's going on moratorium too. What a letdown. The dragon uppercut at the end was sweet though, I'll give it that. A very disappointing showing overall.

• Like 4

Neither of these trailers has really done it for me, but I liked the first movie so I'll be giving this a shot anyway. And yeah I would've been a lot more interested in seeing Mister Mind than these Daughters of Atlas characters, who look boring. 

Edited by Menor Reborn

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

China didn't like the first I think so it should go down. In fact I expect this to go down in every market

Could get a decent family audience after 3 weeks of Cocaine Bear, Creed 3 and Scream 6.

It’s a hard one to predict. I’ll guess $400m worldwide though, just above Black Adam and an increase over the first film. 

Just now, John Marston said:

China didn't like the first I think so it should go down. In fact I expect this to go down in every market

Yeah, there's a good chance.
I liked the first one but the ending really disappointed me
Making all of them superheroes was a bad idea imo (even if it's like that in the comics).

5 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

You guys hate anything not Disney 

The first 1 is in my top 3 superhero movies of the 2010's

this just looks generic and boring

I liked it. It's not better than the first but I understand.

They know that it won't do much BO and they are trying to sell the movie with action and effects. David himself said that he don't care about spoilers, he just want people to see it and like it, so I'm surprised that they didn't show THAT cameo.

11 minutes ago, belblazer said:

I liked it. It's not better than the first but I understand.

They know that it won't do much BO and they are trying to sell the movie with action and effects. David himself said that he don't care about spoilers, he just want people to see it and like it, so I'm surprised that they didn't show THAT cameo.

didnt THAT cameo get cut?

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

didnt THAT cameo get cut?

I think this was debunked, not only about the cameo here but in the Flash movie as well.

And I think that

Spoiler

There is no way they do this because she is linked to the plot. But let's see.

• Like 1