cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

49 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Wow this releases next week? Even Black Adam had more hype leading up to it.

That was always given. 1st time Rock in a SH role plus it had "Justice Society". Scale of Shazam movies are very small. This movie is quintessential case of "Insanity of doing the same thing again and expecting different results". After a disappointing 1st movie BO, they just made an other one. Obviously presales are anemic and at worst this could be buried with low 30s OW and sub 80m finish. 

Still mad they didn't do Mister Mind for the sequel, an evil caterpillar would've been soooo much fun (and more unique). It's a shame too because this is almost certainly gonna be the last Shazam, gonna be a long time before he gets rebooted and we have that chance again.

They seem to have traded the small scale charm for generic cg superhero slop...hope I'm proven wrong when I see it but

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Still mad they didn't do Mister Mind for the sequel, an evil caterpillar would've been soooo much fun (and more unique). It's a shame too because this is almost certainly gonna be the last Shazam, gonna be a long time before he gets rebooted and we have that chance again.

They seem to have traded the small scale charm for generic cg superhero slop...hope I'm proven wrong when I see it but

On the bright side, at least the DCEU won't ever get to waste Mind, so whenever Gunn gets around to the Shazam lore he can be used right away.