cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

Spoiler

Gal Gadot filmed a scene for this movie back in 2021, and it’s not even an inconsequential joke cameo, it’s a pivotal moment in the story. Unless they did reshoots, she’s in this movie. She’s also most likely going to be in the Flash movie as well. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Who are those people? I see lot of nobodies parroting the same generic paid shill stuff. Only last one looks real.

They’re mostly from

blogging sites it looks like. It’s why I think the movie will be fine but will probably be closer to 70 on RT then the first movies 90 or whatever it is. 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

29 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Seems like Shazam is going to avoid a major crisis because poor reactions would've completely killed it. Now I see a decent chance at $300M WW even with weak PS 

It will be tough. Overseas audiences, especially Asia, didn't care for the first

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It certainly seems like they're only letting bloggers and the like give out early impressions. I'm getting some Wonder Woman 1984 vibes here, and if that's the case then this'll go down in history as one of the biggest wastes of a comic book tentpole ever.

To be fair, these days, with almost any big movie, professional film critics for major outlets rarely weigh in ahead of the actual review embargo. But I agree with you, it would've been nice to see a handful of them set the tone for what more established critics might think.

3 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It certainly seems like they're only letting bloggers and the like give out early impressions. I'm getting some Wonder Woman 1984 vibes here, and if that's the case then this'll go down in history as one of the biggest wastes of a comic book tentpole ever.

Ya, I agree that the reactions aren't that encouraging, given they're not from mainstream sources, but I dunno about the last part of your statement. It's not a 200 million movie and even with the first one well-received, it never seemed like it had THAT much room to grow, both in terms of box office and quality (for me the best case scenario always seemed to be "more of the same"). 

23 hours ago, WittyUsername said:
On 3/7/2023 at 2:50 PM, WittyUsername said:
  Hide contents

Gal Gadot filmed a scene for this movie back in 2021, and it’s not even an inconsequential joke cameo, it’s a pivotal moment in the story. Unless they did reshoots, she’s in this movie. She’s also most likely going to be in the Flash movie as well. 

Spoiler

I always thought it is going to very hard to do a movie involving Greek Mythology in the DCU without Wpnder Woman being at least referenced. Given that, A Wondy cameo made more sense then a Supes cameo.

And I get the feeling that Wondy might make a number of cameo apparences in the DCU ; I think the new DC Management really likes Gadot as Wonder Woman and would  liket o keep her around, and cameos are a good way of doing it until a new WW movie is set up.