Eric S'ennui

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

3 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Rewatched Avengers 1 for the first time last night; forgot how much of a TV movie it is.

Lol you guys always say this but after watching IW, Avengers 1 does feel like a TV movie at times but its a fun film still 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Naa. Ultron if not for Avengers is same as JL. Avengers as character are so much fun.

Ultron is definitely a superior villain to Whatshisname from JL (albeit he's not exactly a well done villain per say) and JL's heroes are fine enough too, but otherwise, yup, 100% agreed with your take. The central Avengers characters really give AOU an edge to it that makes it more watchable than if it were the exact same film but with far less interesting characters.

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I enjoyed it. ffs I cried 4-5 times. Screamed as much. As fanboy its orgasm. As a film, not Infinity War satisfaction.

Hopefully re-watches will be better.

Exactly how I felt but I would probably rate it more like an 8.3/10 on first viewing. Infinity War felt close to perfect imo.

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

One of the most beautiful comic book film ever, Whedon is VERY proud of the cinematography done by one of the best Dp in the world.

And he should.

McGarvey should've Alan Smithee'd himself.

• Haha 1

Here in San Diego, caught the 5pm Fan Event which I love going to because it has the old feel of midnight previews and then caught a 10:30pm IMAX showing.  Let’s just say I’m tired AF! 

As I was leaving, people were still queued up for the 2:30am showings which were around 80% full. Totally loved the chaos last night. 

8 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

I need to rewatch Ultron at some point. Haven't seen it since release. Feel like the character interactions and the writing have probably aged well. I just remember being a little underwhelmed.

Its pretty fluffy but upon watching it a second time I forgot just how much I loved visions character. It didn't have the same gravity of the other films but it was enjoyable.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Exactly how I felt but I would probably rate it more like an 8.3/10 on first viewing. Infinity War felt close to perfect imo.

for me the fact that marvel pulled this off its just amazing and hats off to them both eg and iw  are fantastic and was hard to do

1 minute ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Still digesting the film. Currently think IW is better overall, mostly due to the relentless pacing throughout, but IW will probably overtake it in time.

Glad to see it back up to 97%

Kind of where I'm at. EG will be satisfying overall. Delivers a little and a lot of everything. IW has awesome pacing and delivers the brawn in a huge way.

59 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I loved Infinity War. 10/10. This 7/10. 

Infinity War is more entertaining, thrilling and bonkers to me while Endgame is the best overall movie because

Spoiler

it focused on characters so much.  I think the nature of the two part endings of the saga set the tone.

Infinty War was more of a thriller going crescendo, punchy and relentless, a bit like a Terminator movie with a relentless, unstoppable, agressive quest of the stones by the bad guy and an end that left us speechless.   It hit hard like a storm from the very beginning with action throughout the movie. 

Endgame is the resolution, the closure part. 

Spoiler

It delves into emotions, character and nostalgy of everything that comes before it.  It's less punchy, less rhytmic, but more focused on characters devlopment.  It's a celebration of the 21 previous movies, a legacy from the original 6 main Avengers, a way of saying goobye.     In this way it felt to me more like a classic movie than a cbm, a drama coming to an end, a bittersweet finale of one of the most entertaining well rounded saga that spans into 22 episodes.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I don't know how Deadline do what they do, but since there is no numbers to guess, and up recently they were really bad with their numbers, so perhaps they decided to give up on giving any number.

Our tracking thread bode with 60-70mn and they should be it.

There is,  the preview data is very restrictive depends on your level of access as to if you see anything and if so what you see (you may only see preview data for a selected criteria). DL do have a source(s) with some level of access(who may not see everything) They were wrong to go with initial 43m though. 

Even general access is restrictive, You could have 5 people looking at say AEG Friday data at a given point in time and they may all see a different result depending on level of access(even at the highest summary level) . The distributor of a  film sees the most data 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 11
  • Astonished 1