Eric the IF

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

3 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Only +4M from IW?! Mm nah.

BTW, why we don't have any news?! 🤔

I don't know how Deadline do what they do, but since there is no numbers to guess, and up recently they were really bad with their numbers, so perhaps they decided to give up on giving any number.

Our tracking thread bode with 60-70mn and they should be it.

Whatever It Takes: AMC Theatres® Responds to Unprecedented Demand with Record-Shattering 10 Million Seats and 58,000 Screenings of AVENGERS: ENDGAME This Weekend

"LEAWOOD, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 26, 2019--AMC Theatres® (NYSE:AMC), the largest theatrical exhibitor in the United States and the world, today announced that in response to eye-popping advance sales for AVENGERS: ENDGAME and having just set an all-time record for Thursday night box office sales, the Company has shattered its previous record for single-movie screenings over a weekend. The approximately 58,000 AVENGERS: ENDGAME showtimes that AMC is programming from Thursday night through Sunday ensures that millions of tickets remain available for movie fans this weekend"

• Like 8
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

7pm EST so....

Thank you. This is not that difficult to calculate. Let's all assume this number is "accurate". That's 4pm in California. Previews had not even started in the pacific or other time zones. Obviously, the other logical approach is that they already counted the advanced ticket sales regardless of zone. But with all those showings in the East Coast about to begin and other time zones had not even begun, $65+ million is not out of the question here.

I would guess a nice number of $64 million

16 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Last year the've predicted $45M for IW and it ended up being $39M. There might be chance that $43M up until that point is ALSO an overprediction, thus resulting in EG ending up with just that. Don't think it's likely though

EG won't fall coz presale are sky high.....

10 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I don't know how Deadline do what they do, but since there is no numbers to guess, and up recently they were really bad with their numbers, so perhaps they decided to give up on giving any number.

Our tracking thread bode with 60-70mn and they should be it.

If it reach only "55M" what is your prediction for the weekend? 

Edited by fabiopazzo2

@MCKillswitch123 30.000 tickets sold on previews for Endgame here. Easily a record. OD record is done. I don't even need to see Thursday numbers. If it sold that on previews, Thursday+previews was probably close to 100.000 tickets. 

• Astonished 5

5 hours ago, AndyLL said:

Original SW was the 2nd film I saw in the theater.  I was able to go to the 1st show and just sit through every show until evening.  I saw it a ton.

Phantom Menace was crazy hype.  When tickets went on sale we had to wait in line at the boxoffice for 3 hours.

And of course TFA was the craziest OW I've ever seen.

Jungle Book (animated) was my first movie in a cinema. SW (now SW 4) was the first I bought the ticket myself, even with self earned money

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

It would be, if it was a prediction, sure.

see next

4 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Again, it's NOT a prediction.  Read the article please.

Those small extra words, like if, at,... also when, than, then,... are very difficult for foreign language speakers. Especially if considering himself/herself as a beginner. As he does.

12 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Only +4M from IW?! Mm nah.

BTW, why we don't have any news?! 🤔

Usually no shows/screenings start at such late times, the hour of the day to split which ticket belongs to which day is not midnight.

If I remember it right its 6:00 in the morning or so

= it is possible we will get numbers way later than usual

We'll have to wait and see

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 30.000 tickets sold on previews for Endgame here. Easily a record. OD record is done. I don't even need to see Thursday numbers. If it sold that on previews, Thursday+previews was probably close to 100.000 tickets. 

Fast and Furious evil is defeated in all China and Pakistan. Kudos to you as well.

And UAE.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Average stuff boosted with fan service: 7/10.

Wow, surprised you didn't come out of it with more positivity than that, but hey, 'tis the spectrum of opinions. How would you compare it to Infinity War?

I still don't know when am I gonna see it or if I'm gonna contribute to either Portugal or Spain's gross, but Goddamn, these numbers are just mindblowing.

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Wow, surprised you didn't come out of it with more positivity than that, but hey, 'tis the spectrum of opinions. How would you compare it to Infinity War?

I still don't know when am I gonna see it or if I'm gonna contribute to either Portugal or Spain's gross, but Goddamn, these numbers are just mindblowing.

I'm confused because he gave 8/10 on Twitter. But he said Ultron is at the same level of JL 😅