The Wild Eric

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

4 hours ago, john2000 said:

charlie said that with actuals could be 99-100 pure friday, so possible 159 with actuals

Charlie’s numbers are on the hype side. Best to stick with the lower conservative side and be surprised at the end.

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

But yay we got Henry Jackman instead....

though I actually like the Winter Soldier score for what it was trying to accomplish 

I actually really love The Winter Soldier score. Has some great moments.
If I were ranking my top Marvel scores it would go
1. Endgame
2. Black Panther
3. Winter Soldier
4. Infinity War
5. Avengers
Also shoutout to the Spider-man Homecoming score. It seems to get a lot of crap but I actually really like it and the tone it goes for, very easy to listen to, and I actually remember the theme that a lot of people call completely unmemorable.

6 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Theaters aren't going to get rid of a movie that is making them money.  This wasn't making anyone any money, why keep it around when literally anything else could do better.

I'm not a booker(always wanted to be, seems pretty cool), but I imagine there's a model they follow that is based on each films gross + the cost of the rental, and then they compare it to the new releases and base what they keep and get rid of on something like that.  

I am not complaining - just whining. Like I said, its the nature of the beast, it's just how theatrical model works. Just a pain in the ass because sometimes films come out that I really want to see and only last 1 week or 2 weeks. usually if it gets 2 weeks I manage to see it, a lot of the films which only get 1 week I try hard but miss them, like Missing Link only came out the other day and was gone within 1 week.

I just find it frustrating.

Edited by Avatree

2 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

SW IX has a small chance to pass the Thursday record set by Endgame. 0 chance to beat the Avengers Endgame opening weekend.

Just feel like it's not going that way even. Unless the 2nd trailer does something significantly more hype-worthy.

Edited by Rebeccas
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Just feel like it's not going that way even. Unless the 2nd trailer does something significantly more hype-worthy.

trailer only has 27M views on Youtube, pretty pathetic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

But yay we got Henry Jackman instead....

though I actually like the Winter Soldier score for what it was trying to accomplish 

Winter Soldier score is good.  Civil War on the other hand:gold: the only good theme in Civil War is the one that plays when the 2 teams start running at each other. 

Just now, eddyxx said:

Winter Soldier score is good.  Civil War on the other hand:gold: the only good theme in Civil War is the one that plays when the 2 teams start running at each other. 

It's just if you were gonna go down a more orchestral route for the Civil War score then might as well bring back Alan Silversti. 

Just now, AJG said:

Is that from the main trailer alone or altogether?

main trailer. I'm sure the collectively it has hundred million social media views or whatever but that's the easiest metric for me to look at, just seems very low compared to other trailers and I recall Force Awakens having like 70-80M views on main video.

10 minutes ago, jaybox said:

The problem with DC was never their characters

I don't think anyone believes anything's fundamentally wrong with their characters on a basic level, afterall they were considered iconic for decades for a reason and have had the most translations to the big screen (pre-MCU). It's just how some of them are portrayed on screen in a time where the world feels like its burning and people want escapist spectacles. Their universe started with a flavorless Superman where MCU started with a charismatic Tony Stark. Before the MCU not a lot of people were itching for Captain America but he was portrayed so well on screen that people grew to love him. Thor is another character that didn't work directly interpreted on screen, and had to be given some juice by the actor and director. Not to mention the great supporting characters. WW worked because Diana and Trevor were fun to watch. Aquaman, for all its faults, had interesting interactions. Some DC fans have complained it's Marvelization, I thin it's just making characters people  have fun watching. No point going to the theatre to watch an angry, self-loathing superhero fight another angry self-loathing superhero for 3 hours. No reasonable person 'hates' DC, they want better DC movies.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Civil War has a disappointing score, there are 3 really good tracks, but unfortunately most of it is a "white noise action scene" soundtrack.