Eric Furiosa

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

So HBO’s not even allowed to promote their biggest episode ever because of Endgame? I don’t know what point you’re making

Me neither. GoT is what people will be talking about tomorrow, not EG, depending on who they kill off..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

Careful, no slagging off other studios in this thread

Warner Bros. isn't even in charge of HBO; they're both owned by the same parent company, but their day-to-day operations are completely independent. 

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

So HBO’s not even allowed to promote their biggest episode ever because of Endgame? I don’t know what point you’re making

WB knew exactly what they were doing when they decided on the GOT release date. They wanted their biggest episode to clash with End Game. Jokes on them. Nothing is stopping the Marvel train. 

giphy.gif&key=fa8d05049d7f2c3d13a8dedf3a

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 2

Just now, HeadShot said:

WB knew exactly what they were doing when they decided on the GOT release date. They wanted their biggest episode to clash with End Game. Jokes on them. Nothing is stopping the Marvel train. 

GoT is getting more viewers tomorrow and Monday than EG is selling tickets the whole weekend. Besides, one is TV, one is Cinema, they aren't competing, and many people will watch both.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

@Lordmandeep if Brampton and Mississauga are any indication of what endgame will do for Sunday, it's definitely dropping at 10% or less. I checked all the showtimes for Courtney Park, Silver City in Brampton and the Square One location and the entire day has either been sold out or has just front row seats left right up until 10:30 pm.

Sunday's number is going to be monstrous.

But with how many screening compared to Saturday?

2 minutes ago, Surajjj said:

I was expecting $94M sunday. 

It'll be that with tomorrow's actuals

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

And now, the real fun, the climb, begins. (Yes I know this Mortal Kombat Photoshop job is lowkey trash, shut up)

5q05mPE.jpg

lol I like it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

WB DOESN'T CONTROL THE DAY-TO-DAY OPERATIONS OF HBO!

They're two different assets owned by the same parent company (Time Warner). That's like saying that LucasFilm scheduled Toy Story 4 to come out in June or something.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

You can disagree with the sentiment in La Binoche's original words; but there is some truth to Ehrlich's tweet. From an economic perspective, Disney is approaching monopoly status in the movie industry. If you have studied economics at all, you would know monopolies are almost never good for consumers.

Yes, this is a massive weekend worth celebrating if you're a box office fan or a Marvel fan. There's also room for concern from people who love the industry or movies other than CBMs.

I didn't see this handwringing when people were rooting for Roma to win Best Picture even though Netflix is basically doing the same shit for streaming though.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

y not both?