Eric S'ennui

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

2 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

WB only needed to send out a request and HBO would follow. It's obvious that they have been trying to stop the Marvel train this entire year. Shazam being released after Captain Marvel - to try to suck up some of the GA interest for SH movies before EG

Winterfell episode debuting same weekend as EG

Pikachu released 2 weeks after EG to cut off it's legs.

giphy.gif&key=fa8d05049d7f2c3d13a8dedf3a

You sound incredibly paranoid.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

The major difference with Netflix is that companies, especially large ones, are entering the streaming market. You don't see major new movie studios opening. Netflix makes movies for its service, not for mass box office distribution, as that would be cannibalization to some degree.

IMO the lines are just getting more and more blurred. Netflix just bought its own movie theater. It will be producing bigger films that get wider theatrical releases. Eventually all these studios will be a mix of streaming and theatrical. 

29 minutes ago, JB33 said:

And fuck david ehrlich too. Can't stand his edgelord critic persona. Nobody is celebrating the box office as a testament to their fandom. It's a testament to the collective fandom. Box office is a measure of admissions. We obviously know that none of us actually see a penny of it. That's not even the point.

Not to mention bitching about corporations, monopolies and money by way of posting on TWITTER using an APPLE smartphone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

So Disney is projecting a 22% Sunday drop LOL. That has got to be one of the funniest projections I've ever seen. It's going to drop 15% tops. I don't know why they would pick 22% when there's going to be this much spill over.

I will be absolutely shocked if I am wrong.

I was going to say the same thing. But hey, $350 million is a fantastic Sunday headline.

It would not shock me one bit now if this movie does the unthinkable and stay close or even cross triple digits on Sunday. Off by +$15 million in estimates? That's nothing for the movie.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

Me neither. GoT is what people will be talking about tomorrow, not EG, depending on who they kill off..

Nope. GoT is not as popular as some believe it to be. The peak ratings for it have the show at 10-11M viewers. That's less than 1/3rd the number of people that saw Endgame this weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

WB only needed to send out a request and HBO would follow. It's obvious that they have been trying to stop the Marvel train this entire year. Shazam being released after Captain Marvel - to try to suck up some of the GA interest for SH movies before EG

Winterfell episode debuting same weekend as EG

Pikachu released 2 weeks after EG to cut off it's legs.

giphy.gif&key=fa8d05049d7f2c3d13a8dedf3a

You know that GoT is on TV right? You know its not competing for the same dollars? GoT is also traditionally released in April, so its not like it moved dates to be spiteful.

Even if GoT was going to have a negative effect it would only be in the US from about 5pm Sunday anyway.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

And now, the real fun, the climb, begins. (Yes I know this Mortal Kombat Photoshop job is lowkey trash, shut up)

5q05mPE.jpg

I like.

2 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

I was going to say the same thing. But hey, $350 million is a fantastic Sunday headline.

It would not shock me one bit now if this movie does the unthinkable and stay close or even cross triple digits on Sunday. Off by +$15 million in estimates? That's nothing for the movie.

It would be cool to have it end up at the 357 mark for tradition, but I think it’s blowing past 360. 

• Like 2