Eric S'ennui

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

Just now, SweeneySwift said:

Endgame can have BvS legs from here on and still hit $2.5bil

Yup, this is why team Avatar needs to accept defeat now and not drag this out for another 2 weeks.  

Just now, Rebeccas said:

honest question - why are you at at box office forum? all these movies make money for giant corps whether its AT&T or Comcast. Get over it.

yeah, this. boxoffice forum is for boxoffice watch and this particular thread is about celebrating historical boxoffice regardless of what one feels about the franchise (there's a special thread for fandom wars). a lot of time people who aren't fans enjoy witnessing history and pushing bias aside. 

5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

honest question - why are you at at box office forum? all these movies make money for giant corps whether its AT&T or Comcast. Get over it.

That’s probably a legit question i would’ve asked. Because hating every new blockbuster is exactly this persons’s only purpose, lol.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Dwayne Johnson has wanted to play Black Adam for a long time so I think he won't do a Marvel movie for a while.

The rivalry is a bit silly anyway, we've seen plenty of actors and in the case of James Gunn, director do films for both companies. Bradley Cooper is even producing Joker with Todd Phillips. 

It will take years before Avengers vs JL is made so Dwayne may play Black Adam and then join Marvel.

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

He likes pretending to be an intellectual female, only praising indie movie trash, even though he spent years on a music forum ATRL mocking people for mental illnesseses.

• ...wtf 1

And fuck david ehrlich too. Can't stand his edgelord critic persona. Nobody is celebrating the box office as a testament to their fandom. It's a testament to the collective fandom. Box office is a measure of admissions. We obviously know that none of us actually see a penny of it. That's not even the point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, 1Robert1 said:

I agree with you, but it took 10 years after Avatar before EG will made over 2.75 even if it will be more frequent in the future i wouldn't be suprised if it will take another 5-7 years before we will see another movie that will made over 2.75 bln or 3 bln. TLk ? Frozen 2? Does people in China care about this movies?

I think it's going to be something unexpected or another Avatar. I can't bet against JC for property that isn't Alita. :lol:

@Lordmandeep if Brampton and Mississauga are any indication of what endgame will do for Sunday, it's definitely dropping at 10% or less. I checked all the showtimes for Courtney Park, Silver City in Brampton and the Square One location and the entire day has either been sold out or has just front row seats left right up until 10:30 pm.

Sunday's number is going to be monstrous.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, FTF said:

Just do the math.  It's over man.

No, YOU do the math. You claimed that if it has BVS legs of under 2x opening weekend then it reaches 2.5Billion. I am saying you are wrong. go back to school if you can't double 1.2

Edited by Avatree